Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

upallnightgaming.com PR5 61k UNIQUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, this domain is now sold and transferred. I can say nothign buy positives about the traffic generated here and the people who I have talked to while this auction has been running

PageRank 5
Registrar-GoDaddy
Created:06-Aug-04

Back links
Google:970
MSN:2,966
Yahoo:6,785

Traffic sources:
Advertising-None
AdWords-None
All traffic is ORGANIC

Traffic for September, 2006
Total Visitors:189,865
Avg Visitors/day:6,328
Unique:61,387
Total Bandwidth:21.33 GB

Some screenshots - Traffic Stats for September, 2006
2006 single affiliate ad screen

Forum Statistics-6,308 users have contributed to 16,258 threads and 173,045 posts

Income:
AdSense - None
Income:$2,671 past 12 months - 1 affiliate banner & community donations

I started several months back running a single banner ad for one game after talking with their community contact, and decided to break from the prior no ads rule. A few weeks ago, I started changing the pages to a single look and feel, and was able to put the ad on the forums and all the pages. Currently ads can be dropped into ads.xml and specify position and rotation frequency. In-line ads for AdSense or such are also available.

Donations have come from people wanting to support the community, get better forum titles, or some free hosting perks. There is certainly a higher income potential for someone who is more into ads, SEO and optimization opportunities then me. I am available to discuss this with any winning bidder, but I would think the right person already knows how to earn higher income by displaying multiple ads / AdSense and in line.

I will be glad to provide the winning bidder with a zip of the website contents, the db, hosting for them for 30 days while working on the transfer, and any support I can provide to help you along with a smooth and successful purchase and transition.

And just to check against the rules, since this is my first auction here:
1) easily met
2) Traffic is generic. Keywords include free teamspeak, which the site is #3 in Google. Referral traffic from links on gaming company sites as a fan site, community site, and for contests, events and hosting options.
3) Here are the September stats general page. Any bidder wanting more information, drop me a PM or email
4) N/A
5) Done

Auction specifics
Starting bid: US $250
Auction starts: now, 2:00 PM EST, Sunday October 29, 2006
Auction ends: in 7 days, 2:00PM EST, Sunday November 5, 2006

Payment via: PAYPAL, money order or certified check

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since this is the first time doing this, I have to wonder if I put down any number how inappropriate or out of whack it could be, or right on target, and scare away a potential bidder.

Now, if someone wants to make an offer, I do not see where the auction rules prohibit it, so feel free to post it here in this thread. If you wish to discuss it privately, send me a PM. Any offer I get, I will consider and reply immediately.

With so many experts here, I am sure you all can look at this and tell me what is an appropriate BIN price. I would only be guessing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's on a Windows server, correct?

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's on a Windows server, correct?

Yes, but to be a more specific answer, let me run down what is done today and see where it can be flipped to LINUX, if that helps anyone

Forums - Community Server - runs on Microsoft SQL, standard upgrade from the original ASP.NET Forums. This software is used today at xbox.com,asp.net and msdn.com websites and such. Table structure is posts and threads. The general converter and a little SQL knowledge can suck them down and into vBulletin or PhP forums easily.
Website - pages are now, after my changes a few weeks back, all ASp.NET 2.0 Master pages. This means web page content is a code line then all html and an ending code line. This makes it easy to flip into any structured, or if you don't use one, unstructured Apache or IIS ASP or ASP.NET environment
Database - Microsoft SQL 2000
Web Server - IIS

Teamspeak - runs great on either platform with no conversion

Can things be moved to a LINUX platform? By anyone who is comfortable with web sites and MySQL yep. I know because I have migrated into and out of the db myself, and I am an SQL novice.

If that scares anyone off, dang :gossip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators