• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed URGENT: DavidsBlog.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usermonster

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I have an offer for a couple hundred dollars for this domain; I indicated through a broker that I want more, but I need to make a specific counteroffer. Any ideas on what this domain's worth?

thx!
 
depends how much david wants to pay.
 
i really can't see the domain going for more than low $$$ at most, i guess it really depends on who david is?
 
if its david copperfield, or david wells, or whatever i guess u could catch a lot.

send a counter of 3 times, and see what happens.

honestly did you ever expect to get paid for this domain when u regged it?
 
That's the question -- who is David?
Actually, I always thought I could sell it: David is a popular name, blogs are a popular content format -- it's got potential.
 
you'll be kicking yourself in the a$$ when he decides to buy Davesblog.com instead of yours.
 
Why start one.. just sell it.. it'll probably take you long just to make what you was going to sell it for.
 
A couple of hundred dollars seems like a very good price for this domain.
If it was his first offer you shoudl ask more of course or just accept the offer if you want to play it safe. ;-)
 
As usual, it all comes down to who wants it and why. I once worked on a new website for a giant pharmaceutical co. and they ended up paying a small non-profit half a mil for the most obscure-sounding domain name (two nouns, barely related).
 
Its a personal name, not finance, health, care, etc....
For this fact alone take what you can get while taking into consideration who David is.. and his name does have variables. So he might snap another version of it.

I had a specific name recently and I sold it for 250. Paid 30 here at DNF. Sold it within 30 days. It was the less common version of the name but was pleased to get the 250. he offered 100 to start. The name was Hirem.com.. the more common version is Hiram.. it's a jewish name more common years ago.

I'd counter offer but going too high just makes people search for other possiblities.. and when there are more choices be careful.

This doesnt apply to key names or words of course.

Kevin.
 
$20-$50 for the domain name.

You should sell the domain at a price that you are happy with regardless of who the buyer is.
 
yes, go ahead and unload it...so we can all find out who exactly this "david" is :cheeky:
 
Tell him $650 and then take at least $350. He won't go for other versions, either. He is either called David or Dave; not both.

How much value does BradleyPitt.com have?...as a fan site. David is his name. Don't sell if you don't need the money though. David is one of the most common names in the world, and blogging is one of the fasting growing activies. You are basically giving it away at under $1,000. Lots of people around here are used to low-balling because if you do it enough times you will strike oil. There aren't too many names in the world that are worth under $500 if the buyer actually found you. Think about it. Now,if you were trying to get out of a name by selling it on this board or Ebay,then that is another story....you might not a get a bid for $20. You won't blow the sale by asking for mid to high $$$. If he calls your bluff then sell it to him for whatever he has to spend. It is your job to pry as much out of him and complete the sale.....that's what makes it fun.
 
and won't you kick yourself when DavidsBlog is raking it in at Alexa top 10,000!

Don't sell your blog name man, ask for $950, you'll get more offers.
 
whodatdog and gray -- finally, people who see the possibilities more boldly. I totally agree with you. I think the name is a little more valuable than people here have been thinking. And quite franlkly, I'm tired of selling domain names for $50 - $100. I wanna think a little bigger here. The name reg'ed till '07, so I got time. At any rate, I told the broker the price (above 500), and I'm waiting to hear the reply. If the price is too high and I squirrel the deal -- that's okay. I'm willing to experiment a bit.

I'll report back what happens . . .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom