Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Urgent Help: Client from China got his GoDaddy account Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTH

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My chinese client got his GoDaddy account hacked, on August 2nd, he realized the domain was out of his account since 2 days ago. He contacted me numerous times to call GoDaddy behalf of him to attempt and get his password back. He gave me password, PIN to his GoDaddy account and also his Gmail password thats linked to the GoDaddy account. I called the customer service and they told me to use this form in GoDaddy.com, I filled out the form and waited for a response, and then I see someone by the Scott responded back saying a photo ID is required, I replied by saying if a Chinese License will work ( no english characters at all ) Then I went to sleep because it was really late in the US and told my client that I'll check on the emails in the morning.

He called me few hours later to wake me up saying that his GMAIL account can no longer login, as well as his GoDaddy password. His registrar information has also been changed. I see a message saying that the GMAIL account is deleted, Now I am in the process of recovering his GMAIL account.

But at this point I am pretty much helpless

His domain: 69zw.com

The only proof he can provide now is the payment method he used alipay ( paypal of china ) to do all the transactions within GoDaddy, no credit cards. and the only form of ID is a chinese license, but it's ALL in chinese.

Can anyone shed some light on how can I(or my client) go about doing this?

Thank you

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You did all that you could. Call GoDaddy back and tell them time is running out; they should lock the domain down while they are investigating.

PTH

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently do not have the Customer # nor anything, GoDaddy account is hacked and GMAIL is deleted.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

It seems like the hacker transferred the domain out of GoDaddy to Name.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom