• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Urgent Question: At what time do domain names expire?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Domains

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
On the 6th day after a domain has been at PENDING DELETE status, it expires. But, at what time of the day does it expire??? I just bought a domain catcher program, and would like to know the answer to this question. Thanks.

HD
 
If you'd type this very same question ("At what time do domain names expire") into Google and clicked the very first search results link, you would get to a page with the answer. I never get, why people prefer to ASK on forums, when is it so easy t be found...
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/03/how-to-snatch-an-expiring-domain
"....last day between 11am and 2pm Pacific time, the name will officially drop from the ICANN database and will be available for registration by anybody."
 
Dear, what is the problem with asking a question here? If you can´t be bothered to answer them then just ignore the question.
Surely you can find answers on the search engines, but sometimes you get your questions answered quicker and better here.
Anyhow, I remember the days when I requested help with domain transfers... and was happy to get all help here.
 
Dear, I answered your question, took me 10 seconds in Google. Using exactly your phrase BTW.

Thats forum netiquette - ask first when you failed to find it on your own i.e. via Google, forum search etc. Do NEVER infest forums with questions which has been asked and answered many many times here !
 
denny007 said:
Dear, I answered your question, took me 10 seconds in Google. Using exactly your phrase BTW.

Thats forum netiquette - ask first when you failed to find it on your own i.e. via Google, forum search etc. Do NEVER infest forums with questions which has been asked and answered many many times here !


I don´t think that you need to tell me anything about politeness... ( anyhow, it was not my question that you answered. ). I might not post a lot here or elsewhere but am known to be against the "new tone" that has become popular.
 
You will find, I'm afraid, that your program isn't worth what you paid, however - unless you're a registrar, you're not going to be quick enough. You'll get lucky now and again, with low-value names, but...
 
it was not my question that you answered

Your question was: "hat time of the day does it expire"
My answer was: "between 11am and 2pm Pacific time"
If you think it was not an answer, than I did not get your quesiton.


am known to be against the "new tone"

I am against new tones too, I like only old-fashioned do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si-do
 
The question came from the thread starter "Handsome Domains".
Maybe you should invest more time in reading than complaining.
 
The question came from the thread starter "Handsome Domains".
Maybe you should invest more time in reading than complaining.


Oh, now i see that, sorry to HandsomeDomains and whats your problem Chase ? I did not talk to you !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom