Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.US domain name strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has been much banter about how to best profit from domains, domain sales, site development etc. It has been suggested here, and elsewhere, that building great relationships with potential buyers represents one of the least understood, most ignored and potentially profitable ways of doing business. Suffice to say that I agree 100% with developing the relationships and targeting potential buyers as a strategy. It initially begins with getting useful domains at a reasonable price.

Since I missed the glory days of .com, I'm focusing on .US

One of the best opportunities to acquire great one-word and other useful domains was the introduction of the .US market to the masses. Remember how giddy we were when we pre-registered hundreds (some thousands) of .US domains, and like kids on Christmas morning in April, looked on in wonder as our efforts were rewarded with "holy s**t ! Look what I got!! (Zou must have been in seventh heaven )

If you were in the lucky sperm club and picked up some great .US domains in the initial lottery, now is a great time to start targeting those potential buyers of your domain. New registrations are healthy and some very talented folks are putting professional efforts into expanding the .US market. Add to that the fact that Kids.US will be going live in the near future and the potential for success increases.

I was fortunate to have regged several decent generic .US domains. Some of the better ones that have wide applications are winners.us, check.us, genome.us, indian.us, mirage.us, sweeps.us swing.us, voyeur.us and voyeurs.us.

However, domains that lend themselves to targeted potential buyers are as follows: (and yes I know that some of you may say "better watch that you don't get a C&D by posting that domain in a public forum". Rest assured that I have checked and most of these domains have anywhere from 10-22 different TLD and CC extensions, are owned by different individuals/corporations and have different product and/or service offerings)

battleships.us
beautypageants.us
blueblood.us
easysoft.us
gaggle.us
gameon.us
humansexuality.us
millennia.us
miniclip.us
mirage.us
mohawk.us
nra.us
nubile.us
nubiles.us
paks.us
peckers.us
peeper.us
quixotic.us
sandbox.us
spanky.us
sportstoday.us
suicidegirls.us
uproar.us
webstorm.us
wideangle.us
wifeswapping.us

Now the job is to find the people and organizations that would benefit most from incorporating these domains into their overall marketing strategies.

Any ideas as to potential targets (without compromising any confidentiality) and potential development strategies are invited.

Congrats to all of you who continue to make-a-buck by building on relationships. Thanks in advance, and IMO, this is one of the most useful threads on the system.

Domain Summit 2024

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i did get alot of great ones pregistrations but the gems came from the secondary market buying them off the ones who click in on opening day like movies and pictures ,what im doing is getting the best ones up and live rather than waiting for buyers to come along,thats the best marketing one can do until us becomes better aware to the public, building the infrastructure in the downturn even if its a page with a related picture of the domain.

http://www.olympic.us should bring that awareness as well as .kids.us

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom