• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed usarchitects.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuapete

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, this is my first post here, so nice to meet you all!

Recently I have gotten an offer for $1750, possibly $2000 for the domain name usarchitects.com

It has been associated with the singular name usarchitect.com for over 12 years as an established free site for location of architectural services in three market areas... residential, commmercial and industrial. The person making the offer is only interested in usarchitects.com, wihtout the other name or the site. The name, atleast in my mind, sounds very generic, which tends to be what lends a lot of value to the name, as far as I know. Searching Google also reveals the site and names to come up first or in the first 10 depending on how you break the search terms up as well as over 31+ million results.

What do you think this is worth or more aptly, is this offer on target?

Pete
 
why do I feel like the fat kid in dodgeball with the sound of crickets on my thread?
 
Hey pete.
Wondering if you were making any revenue from the site? two grand sounds like a pretty nice offer, but I’m not much qualified to give an appraisal.
chi
 
Currently there is no revenue being generated from this site, however the potential for it is big. Since the site has been built since 95 as a free directory fo architectural services, it has a broad audience which could be leveraged into something lucrative, I just don't have the time or interest as I have 3 other ideas I am already working on. Taking this one on too would just prove fatal for all as it would overload me.
 
Imo, I would hold off on selling. Ok, its not bringing in any money at this time but tomorrow could prove to be different story all together. Also holding off may bring you a bigger offer, especially if one wants it bad enough.

Now what I would do is maybe run some ad banners to generate some cash flow to at lease cover the url and hosting expense. Then when you are ready you can put effort in it and possibility of making more then the two grand.
 
Some sound advice, thanks doug! Does anyone else have any opinions? What would you do in my case?
 
I dont think waiting is a very good option here..you got a good offer for the domain, the chances of an offer coming along thats substantially higher is rather slim in my opinion, either try to get a little more out of it lets say $2500, which is a fair price for an end user...but hoping that someone is gonna pay crazy money anytime soon is unrealistic...not only that..you have to take into consideration the time value of money..with the current returns in the domain market you would need a $4000 offer in about 3-4 year to be even..its a good offer..see if you can get a little more and sell it...unless it is getting high traffic that is worth more than 2k
 
Good offer for this domain unless it receives a ton of traffic.
On a side note, be aware that when you list the domain name and offer amount, you risk it being googled!! (I've made this mistake before)

The other party can search and find all threads having do with this domain name and reconsider their offer.

just my two cents..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom