Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
NDD Camp 2024

Using Amazon affiliate program like Adsense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to setup targetted Amazon ads, like Adsense where it will work by itself based on the content of the pages...

Does anyone do this, that may want to show me an example?

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have seen Amazon ads made to look like Adsense ads, but nothing that contexually picks the ads depending on page text.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily want them to LOOK like adsense ads, rather the Amazon ads just to be displayed based on page context like Adsense does it.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That would be a really useful piece of code, pm me if you find anything like that. I'd be interested as well.

StuntPope

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainMaster said:
That would be a really useful piece of code, pm me if you find anything like that. I'd be interested as well.

That's what the AWS toolkit is for. You see a lot of "generic" AWS sites being sold here, but you use the same principal.

Basically you pick your keywords for a page or article and then call the AWS system to get an XML result. Then you need to parse and display it.

There are third-party packages available to simplify this.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not sure about third part packages, i could not find one that suited me, so wrote one myself... heres the example...

http://www.readersheds.co.uk/readersheds/books.cfm?searchfor=domain&Attributes.howmany=10

in situ on my sheds site, mainly the shedshop it takes the search paremeter or a random keyword(based on my google keyword logs) and generates the box.

i have found just having the amazon logo and link made me nothing, but spending the time to develop this had paid 10X over..

unfortunatly(not for me) its in coldfusion and not PHP, so i can't just pass it on to whoever..

but the AWS toolkit is worth a read and will have to revisit it as i want to add the basket option...

good luck wilco

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of research about this type of script.. found a complex PERL solution that works under linux. It's something that you would need a dedicated box for and someone extremely efficient in PERL to work with.

I'll have a solution up by the end of the week, very similiar to Adsense code where you just plug and plug the code and everything is done for you (all you really need to change is your affiliate ID and the size of the ad you want. )

The targetting is VERY good, I'll get a demo up as soon as possible. It's going to be a free service btw.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be interested too.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
woOT
I have one to pull ClickBank products, but not Amazon.
Bring on some SOAP!

let me know when its ready also, I'd be interested.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, FP1... now, is that PERL code very server intensive? Is it being run in realtime against each page view... gotta keep in mind that the contextual matching process shouldn't intrude excessively on the end user experience.

Sounds like a very interesting project; keep us informed!

Rob

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@RTM - mine spiders, then stores a cache of the page's main keywords in a database, and checks it on a regular schedule looking for changes. Not too intensive.
FP1's may be different, this is to just give an idea of how its done.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
though it dosent reside on my server

still not completely what I want - not sure about everyone else

I agree, I also would prefer a solution that resided, and ran off, our own servers.

MediaHound, your architecture about having an index of keywords and then running comparisons sounds good - basically how Adsense itself runs.

Rob

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RTM.net said:
I agree, I also would prefer a solution that resided, and ran off, our own servers.

MediaHound, your architecture about having an index of keywords and then running comparisons sounds good - basically how Adsense itself runs.

Rob

These are the tables
user_ads (10)
cs_cache
cs_cachedResults
cs_groups
cs_products
cs_settings
cs_statsDomains
cs_statsUsers
cs_userDomains
cs_userItems
cs_users

cs_cache fields are:
id url contents dateAdded

contents are the keywords

your mileage may vary

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators