Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Using Google Adsense - A lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Using Google AdSense is a smart idea to make money online, whether you have developed a website or blog that is generating some traffic. While there is some controversy among domainers as to whether or not using Google AdSense on their domain selling portfolio site is smart idea, I’ll leave that for a future discussion. Most domainers park their websites and generate some income from parking companies, who basically populate your domain name landing page with relevant Google AdSense ads, allowing you to get paid per click. There is nothing difficult involved with parking your names and it is as simple as registering with the company, adding your domain names and changing your domain name servers associated with the name. That’s why most domainers park their names, there is little work and they can collect some residual income. It’s no secret, however, that they are leaving money on the table and that developing your domain name into a relevant website and populating it with quality content and your own Google AdSense ads, can be a much more lucrative proposition. It takes a little work, but it really is worth it. Like many forms of advertising, there are always proven tips and tricks that you can utilize to maximize the revenue generating potential your website or blog has while using Google AdSense. This post has been written to share some tips and tricks that have proven successful in boosting my income while using Google AdSense, including a recent lesson I learned through a Google warning notification. Let’s start there.

As everybody likes to learn something new each day, let’s start with the recent lesson learned, after I received a Google Warning notification relating to a violation pertaining to using Google AdSense on one of my websites. For those of you who may have not seen such a message before, here is what is looked like:
Hello,
This is a warning message to alert you that there is action required to bring your AdSense account into compliance with our AdSense program policies. We’ve provided additional details below, along with the actions to be taken on your part.

Issue ID#: XXXXXXXXX
Affected website: XXXXXXXXXX.com
Example page where violation occurred: http://www.XXXXXXXXXX.com
Action required: Please make changes to your site within 72 hours.
Current account status: Active
Violation explanation
AD MISLABELING: Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads in any way. For instance, publishers may not place ads under misleading headers or titles as this may confuse users into thinking the ads are actually site links related to that header. To avoid this issue, we ask that publishers use only “sponsored links” or “advertisements” to label ads. More information about this policy can be found in our help center at ( https://www.google.com/adsense/support/as/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115985 ).
How to resolve:
If you received a notification in regard to page content, please either remove the content from your site or remove ads from the violating pages. If you received a notification in regards to the way ads are implemented on your site, please make the necessary changes to your implementation. We will automatically review the site again after 72 hours. You do not need to contact us if you make changes. Please be aware that if changes are not made within the required time frame, ad serving will be disabled to the affected website listed above.

Additionally, please be aware that the URL above is just an example and that the same violations may exist on other pages of this website or other sites that you own. To reduce the likelihood of future warnings from us, we suggest that you review all your sites for compliance. For more information regarding our policy warning notifications, visit our Help Center:https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1378153&ctx=topic.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
The Google AdSense Team
end

It did not take me long to correct my issue and I was very happy that Google reached out to me to let me know how to correct my issue, so that I could continue using Google ADSense on my website. My issue was simple, I had one of my Google AdSense headings titled “My Sponsors”, which is actually against Google’s policies, as explained above. As Google explains, you can not disguise the ads in any way and to avoid this issue, they suggest that publishers use only “sponsored links” or “advertisements” to label ads.

I have seen this common mistake on many websites and I know DNFCollege herein suggests such language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This post has been written to share some tips and tricks that have proven successful in boosting my income while using Google AdSense,

where are the tips, cuz all i read was the trick you got caught up in

and how did you boost income?

as in before you were earning x and now?

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggie, the tips can be found in the remainder of my article which can be found at my website, as I had stated in the original post, but which you removed from my post.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggie, the tips can be found in the remainder of my article which can be found at my website, as I had stated in the original post, but which you removed from my post.

you said "this post has been written to share some tips and tricks"

but basically this was a lead-in, created specifically to drive traffic to your website.....and that's why your post was edited.

please don't use this section for that purpose.

Thanks

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
......but basically this was a lead-in, created specifically to drive traffic to your website.....and that's why your post was edited. please don't use this section for that purpose. Thanks

IMO, with all due respect for you, that seems very Draconian to me Don. I doubt the OP could possibly earn enough PPC from the few hits he would get to buy a Starbucks coffee let alone make good coin. The potential value of reading his full article to the forum could be welcome content for a forum where educational posts are rare vs years ago. BTW, long ago when the forums were much busier than now I had posted a couple interesting looking links and got just a handful of visits i.e. 10 or even less. Not even worth the time and effort doing it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dracon was an ancient Athenian politician whose financial and other legal measures were deemed too severe by the citizens. Further reading at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_(lawgiver) although I haven't proof-read it all.

On the subject of the AdSense, you should have put "My account thieves" instead :D Google keeps a gigantic portion of all ad revenue.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, with all due respect for you, that seems very Draconian to me Don. I doubt the OP could possibly earn enough PPC from the few hits he would get to buy a Starbucks coffee let alone make good coin. The potential value of reading his full article to the forum could be welcome content for a forum where educational posts are rare vs years ago. BTW, long ago when the forums were much busier than now I had posted a couple interesting looking links and got just a handful of visits i.e. 10 or even less. Not even worth the time and effort doing it.

Hi Dave

once you posted that, any personal "due respect" for me and forum rules as written, went out the window.

15. Do not promote or link to your websites, domains, blog, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, or replying to a post. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM, unless the thread has been created in one of the Advertising forums (or Help Wanted), where you then may reply to a post with a self-promotion. For the rules related to signatures, refer to #19 and #20.

i don't have to explain nothing to you, but above rule is why i edited his post

what he may or may not earn from adcents, is irrelevant

if you or anybody got issue with what and how i do what i do, then you know who to go to to get the rules changed

21. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

the Op had the option of posting full article in totality, in parts, or not at all.

but when you cut it short and solicit members to read the rest on your website, then that's a promotion

Thanks

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, I was not criticizing you but the rule itself and enforcement for non-blatant rule violations. Articles where only the first part is published followed by a link to the main body are very widely done and basically a standard procedure with many internet publishers including big firms and becoming more and more a common way of publishing. I think the rule was made before this method of publishing articles became so popular,

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, I was not criticizing you but the rule itself and enforcement for non-blatant rule violations. Articles where only the first part is published followed by a link to the main body are very widely done and basically a standard procedure with many internet publishers including big firms and becoming more and more a common way of publishing. I think the rule was made before this method of publishing articles became so popular,

seems like you're still publicly questioning moderators' actions to me.

however, just because methods of disseminating information change, doesn't mean the posting rules of the forum, or rules for this section specifically, will change to accommodate members who want to promote their business or their personal websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators