Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Using Registerfly as a registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard both good an bad things about Registerfly.

I personally have about 50 domains registered through them and haven't had any problems to date.

What is all this fuss about that I keep hearing? Does anyone else hear use RF? It seems like they are shunned in the domain world but I don't see why, nor have I ever heard a real reason why they are bad.

On the other note, has anyone else had success with them? I personally really like how organized everything. It's also cheaper than some of the bigger names such as Network Solutions.

Comments?

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. RF is not technically a registrar, they are just an ENOM reseller

2. Their support was bad, (about 6 months ago, when they didn't have phone support) but its getting better with phone support

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never had to contact their support so I haven't noticed those problems. How does one become an ENOM reseller?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just do a search here on Registerfly and Unified Names for tons of horror stories. You'll quickly learn to avoid "RF" before it happens to you.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing negative to say about their service as a registrar but do get very annoyed by all the emails they send on names which were transferred away long ago. Enom, Dotster and some others have also done that a number of times so it is not just Registerfly. It causes a time wasting hassle in that I need to double check to make sure the name is not really up for reneweal as the notice claims, and verify no longer regsitered there.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has their autorenew service ever not worked and caused somebody to drop their domain? As long as it's a safe service to use I will continue using it. I may considder other registrars in the future, but for now I am happy as long as you guys don't convince me otherwise! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom