• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed using the 0 (zero) symbol for domains instead of letter o....

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunder

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
what do folks on the forum think og using the 0 (zero) for domains such as casin0 , d0t, and so on...

there are still quite a few in .us and .info where you can have a name but instead of using the o you can use the zero and pick up domains.

Leslie
 
not worth much, no professional company would generally have a 0 in thei name..
 
thanks for the comments and I think I'll put my $6.95 GoDaddy .us registration towards better use... but if anyone wants the names, well...

d0t.us and casin0.us are both up for grabs.

the only interesting thing with d0t.us if that as dot.us is not allowed, this is the nearest way to make it look like dot.us

Leslie
 
This is quite an interesting point. I've started to use a few names like this. I use the number one and state that it is a number in a header of the form

pr1nt.com - number 1 in print.

It's not as good as print.com of course, but if you can't get the real thing...... (pr1nt is not one of my domains but is purely an example).

I've also tried using 0 as a pun on the English word for "0" (please note the capital "E" before criticising this). An example of this is www.0epics.com for naughty pictures. This seems to be generally misunderstood and is not too successful.
 
Someone was (and still is) selling HipH0p.com (with a zero instead of the o in hop) on ebay...

Except in all mentions of the name he used a font and all upper case so that only if you were looking extremely hard would you notice it was a '0'

i think its a dishonest way of doing things and if you must use a '0' in a name you should at least make sure people know that is the case.

but the main point is trying to say the domain... (imagine trying to tell someone your site is hip h zero p dot com... hardly professional is it...

each to their own but i wouldnt touch them personally

Ciq
 
I see many people who register zeros and ones for letters to duped buyers on ebay. I regularly contact them to let them know what they are doing is BS. I usually get a "mind your own business" response. There are some auctions where the seller will state that numbers are in teh name and break out spelling.

The other use is for banner ads, but then it falls under cybersquatting.
 
The idea of a domain name is to NOT confuse the reader or listener. Names like this are a complete waste of money.
 
Originally posted by bunder
thanks for the comments and I think I'll put my $6.95 GoDaddy .us registration towards better use...
Leslie

Very wise choice Leslie.

Happy domaining! :D

-Bob
 
dont make that blunder bunder !

These types of names are a dime a dozen.. I reged MILLI0NAIRES.COM .. sold it for $40 on yahoo Auctions...

the guy wanted his money back when he didnt get MILLIONAIRES.COM ! LOL.. the ad specifically stated "ZERO" not "O" ..like I'm really going to sell Minnionaires.com for $40 ..

it looked cool... but really just a junk domain..but for $40 you turn it into one of those MLM get wealthy nonsense sites ..BE a MILLI0NAIRE we'll show you have for just $19.95 !
 
I regularly entertain enquiries about h20.co.uk and h20.org and get a decent number of type-ins and search queries ending up at these sites

I like to think I know my chemistry, but I bought them by mistake
 
I regularly entertain enquiries about h20.co.uk and h20.org and get a decent number of type-ins and search queries ending up at these sites

I like to think I know my chemistry, but I bought them by mistake
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom