• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Value of LLL and NNN .cc's (today and tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
766
Reaction score
16
Hey all,


I'm really curious as to what everyone's opinion of the future of the .cc TLD is. It seems whoever I talk to, they either love it or hate it.


Being so, do you think it will hold substantical value down the line for branding domains like LLL.cc or NNN.cc? Basically, do you think it's going to become the next .com?

It has a nice ring to it and I believe China is really jumping on the bandwagon with it. But does that mean they are worth developing? Is this just another pretender to .com's throne?


Any input would be really appreciated, i'm quite curious.


Jay
 
i dont believe in .cc. for me its .com and european ccTLDs
 
I think it has the potential to take off, I guess only time will tell. Works well for lazy people though, the .cc that is.

;
 
The value of one word and popoular two word terms in .cc should increase like with all domains, but I don't think it will explode in value. I have no idea how it's viewed in China, but I've seen 'cc' referred to as 'China customers' for a business site. If you go to enic.cc you'll see in the bottom left corner a link to many featured .cc sites that have been developped.
 
Dot CC is administered by VeriSign through a subsidiary company eNIC, which promotes it for international registration as "the next .com". Dot CC is very easy to remember, because it has only two duplicated letters, better than .biz and .info in this point of view, addition with VeriSign's promotion.

The drawback of this TLD is that the registration fee is relatively high($18 in godaddy with promo code) and it hasn't geographical meaning. It usually be regarded as commericial company, credit card, or carbon copy. In china, it is more popular, where it is known as china company.

There are many $xxxx sales this year, far more than before. From April to now, all the LL and NN cc names had been sold out by VeriSign and many of them will be developed. Hope .cc name will get more exposure.
 
I don't get .cc, unless of course it's something like 10.cc (superb band).
 
If Verisign is backing it, I have to think it at least has a chance. I have seen some nice NN and LL going up for sale. Will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next few yrs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom