Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

vB 3.5 KEEP ALL ISSUES IN THIS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have completed our upgrade to VB 3.5

Most of the hacks you are used to are here but some will need to be added back in.

Please feel free to post anything you notice missing so we can add it back in if VB 3.5 allows it to run.

Thank you for your patience.

-=DCG=-

Upvote 0

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
impactadmin said:
Yes as soon as a hack is released for the trader rating we will have it added. At this point we may use the built-in system that works on a reputation level basis. How it works is you build your reputation based on the successful transactions made between forum members.

Will keep you posted as new features are added to the forum.
Please continue to post suggesstions and possible issues as we want to make sure all issues are resolved.

Thanks

Thanks glad to hear it. We all believe in the rating. Will you be able to transfer the old data or will we have to start fresh?

Kevin

Domain Summit 2024
I

impactadmin

TheNetCode said:
Thanks glad to hear it. We all believe in the rating. Will you be able to transfer the old data or will we have to start fresh?

Kevin
Hi,

I cannot be sure if the information from the the vb trader will be able to be imported however.

At this time we may not move to the reputation level system as it seems that the VB trader hack may actually be released soon. Once the hack is released we can merge your old data with the new vb trader.

I have read that its close to being finished. It will also have more features then the older version.
I will keep you up to date regarding the vb trader hack as it is an important feature for many of our members.

Thanks
Huseyin

DomainLord

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to be rude or anything just a comment?? Were these things tested out before implemented? I know with everything new thing there are errors and that is to be suspected. But there are some great features that are not out yet with trader rating being the number one. Was the upgrade that vital that it needed to be done before all the functions were added?? Is the old system something that could be gone back too until the new version is up to speed?? Once again this is not a hateful comment just wondering?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PokerTournament said:
I am not trying to be rude or anything just a comment?? Were these things tested out before implemented? I know with everything new thing there are errors and that is to be suspected. But there are some great features that are not out yet with trader rating being the number one. Was the upgrade that vital that it needed to be done before all the functions were added?? Is the old system something that could be gone back too until the new version is up to speed?? Once again this is not a hateful comment just wondering?
You can't wait forever for a hack to be released. The techs are working on everything. The trader ratings are stored in the db. No, we are not reverting to 3.0.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The people that wrote the trader rating have assured us they will release an update that will be out in the next week to ten days.

GD is correct though, we cannot wait to upgrade because 1 guy who wrote a 3rd party hack hasn't updated. You must keep in mind VB has said they will no longer support 3.0x, so wouldn't you upgrade?

Also, not to be rude here, but we have had this up and running and tested for 2 months in the background while most hacks we re-written by us.

We didn't just flip a switch and woohooo it switched over itself.

-=DCG=-

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would really be nice if vBulletin offered a hosted edition, that was managed by them (with supported add-ons, etc.). It seems a lot of time is wasted whenever there's a new version.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3.5 has a new plug-in system for hacks and mods, so that makes future upgrades easier. Plus, 3.5 was a major upgrade, upgrades after this will be minor ones, until they design a new system again.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
You must keep in mind VB has said they will no longer support 3.0x, so wouldn't you upgrade?

Ahhhh, but once you touch the code and install one hack they don't officially support the installed script anyways correct? And vB is still releasing security patches for v2 to this date despite it's "unsupported" status.

Just an observation...

DomainLord

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the input you guys are giving us back. none of this is meant for rudeness just couriousity and concern. I know you all are working hard to try and meet every concern and are doing a very good job. Thanks for your time and effort in bringing us the latest changes to the new upgrade. As I said before bugs are to be expected with something new... can't wait till everything is worked out .. i am sure it will truely benefit us all...

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't post new threads in Exclusive. I get this message:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Ummm..? It was way more than 1 character lol!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Are they less than 10? I think the default is 10 characters and maybe they switched to 1 but didn't change all the variables. I would try making it 10 characters or more and see if it works.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was an entire lengthy post..... I tried making threads in multiple exclusive forums and had the same problem each time. :-(

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Membership Upgrade still show at top for Exclusive members.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:

There is a bug in VB 3.5, go to user cp and change your html editor to standard then try again. The bug effects the advanced setting only.

-=DCG=-

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everything is starting to look back to normal Adam... Nice job everyone! That was a pretty smooth transition.

Please check your email Adam. :)

Andrew Shaw

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3.5.1 is now out.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it me or can you add reputation points to yourself in a thread and not others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom