Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

VeriSign stock prices falls 16.5% in one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought this might be of interest :

Internet advertising company Overture Services Inc. (OVER.O), which reported a sharp increase in earnings and sales, and announced a three-year extension of a key partnership with Yahoo! Inc. (YHOO.O), helped out the market with a gain of $8.42, or 32 percent to $34.05.

But computer security and Web address provider VeriSign Inc. slumped sharply after it reported a narrower net loss but missed revenue projections and said it would lay off 10 percent if its work force. The stock was further punished by a number of rating downgrades from major Wall Street brokerages, including Credit Suisse First Boston and J.P. Morgan.

It tumbled $7.94, or 43 percent to $10.30, ranking as the Nasdaq's most actively traded share and one of its biggest percentage losers.

Seems to be mainly due to transfers out/nonrenewals, whilst new registrations ahve actually grown slightly.

Originally posted by snoopy
Seems to be mainly due to transfers out/nonrenewals, whilst new registrations ahve actually grown slightly.

i made some posts in the past few day's regarding this.

*snoopy* are you also from Estonia? just checking..
thanks
Wanda

down to $9.89 today? Man, that stock has taken a serious beating.
I hate to say it, I'm a supporter of the domain name business, but I can't stand 'em, the damn stock can go to $2, I don't care.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"A lot of those impulse registrants aren't getting the same impulse come renewal time, their owners realizing that if they haven't sold or made use of the names by now, they probably never will."

got that right !

However, a lot of these registrants are unloading domains by keeping the cream of the crop from their 'collection'. The ones that drop are the unwanted ones.

I have 80 domains with GoDaddy. I won't transfer them all to Stargate when they are about to expire, I will (and have already) let some drop.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes u are right.... esspecially netsol

Obviously, the biggest holding Registrar loses the most, since they have now a bad reputation and inflated prices.

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Overture stock down

Updated 8:13 AM ET May 1, 2002

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Internet advertising company Overture Services Inc. (OVER.O) sank more than 22 percent before the opening bell on Wednesday after ending its U.S. search distribution relationship with AOL Time Warner Inc.'s (AOL.N) America Online unit.

Overture dropped to $26.50 on Instinet after closing at $34.19 on Nasdaq. The company increased its forecast due to its strong first quarter results and the extension of its agreement with Yahoo! Inc. (YHOO.O). But the company also said it ended its U.S. search distribution relationship with AOL's America Online unit, including AOL, AOL.com, CompuServe and Netscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators