Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Verisign's deceptive direct marketing continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

"VeriSign Inc is still sending allegedly "deceptive" direct mail to customers of rival domain name registrars, despite being enjoined from doing so with one competitor, a "domain slamming" lawsuit filed this week by Go Daddy Software Inc claims, Kevin Murphy writes."

""I can tell you that we have been in full compliance with court orders. Beyond that, we do not comment on ongoing litigation," said a VeriSign spokesperson.

Christine Jones, Go Daddy's general counsel, said VeriSign interpreted the preliminary injunction order to narrowly apply just to the customers of BulkRegister. VeriSign, she said, has continued to use the controversial mailings to solicit business from customers of other registrars, including Go Daddy. "

http://www.theregus.com/content/6/25169.html

Domain summit 2024

The wording of the original injunction was very narrow - only protecting BulkRegister's customers from Verisign. It was actually very disappointing. The language specifically read, ...the judge said VeriSign or other third-party entities must immediately discontinue deceptive transfer, renewal or expiration notices to BulkRegister's customers, which left the door open for Verisgn to continue it's practices toward other registrars customers - which it did.

-t

i hope all the registrars get in on this and stop Verisign, register.com...etc. from doign this crap.

They prey on novice users of the domain game.

I'm glad to see go daddy and bulkregister standing up for their customers....

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cu_buffs
i hope all the registrars get in on this and stop Verisign, register.com...etc. from doign this crap.

They prey on novice users of the domain game.

I'm glad to see go daddy and bulkregister standing up for their customers....

VeriSly indeed :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom