Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

news Very first $100K worth Domain Name in Bangladesh!

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bangladesh is rapidly growing in domain industry. Though there are not many notable domain sales record in Bangladesh.

As far as I know there is no domain that sold in high five figure ever in country. I just want to share a short story of $100k worth domain name from BD.

Evaly.com.bd is the largest and fast growing e-commerce marketplace in BD. They started their journey in 2017 with the country TLD which is .com.bd. They were not aware of .com domain initially.

A year later they got to know the importance of .com domain name and reached to the domain owner. The owner proposed high 5 figure offer but Evaly CEO not interested to purchase this domain name.

In mid 2020 I reached to CEO to start negotiations on the domain name. So I got a positive feedback from the CEO and he agreed to pay high 5 figure for the Evaly.com.

later I reached to the domain owner and tried to negotiate for the domain name but it was too late. The domain owner firm his price to 6 figure now. So the deal was not happened.

The thing is it's really important to reserve the .com domain name as soon as possible.

Evaly is now the number 1 e-commerce marketplace in Bangladesh following Daraz. Moreover, they have started eFood (Food Delivery Service)

I believe someday Evaly will acquire evaly.com in exchange of high 6 figure USD.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

so what domain is worth $100K in the ".com .bd" extension?

imo...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no domain in .com.bd which can go high 5 figure imo.
Hi
so, what does the title of thread mean, in relation to domain name in bangladesh?

trying to get some clarity about the context of your post.

imo....

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your confusion.

Actually I have shared the entire context of Domain industry and current situation there. The only domain name which is going under a negotiation and gonna cut a big figure.

I nowhere mention it sold. Its worth $100K

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
what or which domain is worth $100K?
As per the above thread, Evaly (.com) is worth $100k.

Personally, if I owned that .com and someone offered me even low five-figure I would sold it and invested that money in another better domain names.

I think the chance of selling Evaly (.com) for $100k is slim. Once that .com.bd business grows they will definitely use that $100k to buy some premium one word .com instead of Evaly (.com)

Just my 2 cents.

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Personally, if I owned that .com and someone offered me even low five-figure I would sold it and invested that money in another better domain names.

I think the chance of selling Evaly (.com) for $100k is slim. Once that .com.bd business grows they will definitely use that $100k to buy some premium one word .com instead of Evaly (.com)

Just my 2 cents.
I agree on your point.

But Evaly still okay to get the name at high 5 figure but not at 6 figure.

If I have the name I would sell it for 10K initially. It must be hard to hold my guts to ask 100k lol

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

If what you say above is true, and that evaly.com is the domain in question
then the title of this thread is misleading.
I agree on your point.

But Evaly still okay to get the name at high 5 figure but not at 6 figure.
if you agree with his post, then you, have posted very confusing information.
you need to be clear about the content and not use distorted headlines.
just state the facts.

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain is only worth what someone will pay for it.

The story goes that the CEO would pay 5 figures, hence its value of 5 figures. However, he would not pay 6 figures. Therefore, I don't believe that the value of the domain is 6 figures.

It might have this value in the future when the CEO agrees to pay, or, it might not if they continue to operate just fine, in-country, on the ccTLD.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope this has a better ending for you, the seller of the domain, and for the Company in the future though.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the moral of the story here is that we should check for some established local country brands, purchase the .com and then pitch it to them :)
I got this from it too, but I thought that it would be dangerous to say unless I had expanded on it.

Domain names in .com could very well have a use for companies using the same names overseas in ccTLDs, but it wouldn't be a strategy of mine to focus on. I would have to be the original domain owner holding it at registration fees and a couple of renewals — conceived far before the ccTLD even came to existence — for it to be worth the big bucks with the lowest risk. Acquiring a domain name for the sole purpose of trying to pitch it to 1 person or entity without prior approval that they'll buy it from you is dangerous and shouldn't be done as it could financially ruin you.

The best method is probably what @Domain Guide attempted to do and broker the name to have no risk with the highest reward, even though it's a smaller piece of the pie. Hopefully, the Bangledashian CEO realizes that this is what they're going to need if they go international, so he rethinks his position; and hopefully, the seller doesn't jack it up to seven figures to postpone the deal longer. :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the moral of the story here is that we should check for some established local country brands, purchase the .com and then pitch it to them :)
Hi

to me, that is NOT a good strategy.

the "intent" for registering the domain can be brought up in court, if/when that cctld domain owner pursues a claim against your newly registered domain, for infringement.

also, if they build a biz on non .com domain or cctld, then maybe they are not interested in it, especially if it was available to register, before you found it.

imo....

MonetizeInfo

Monetize.Info Owner
Reaction score
the "intent" for registering the domain can be brought up in court, if/when that cctld domain owner pursues a claim against your newly registered domain, for infringement.
You have a point here but it depends if there is an international trademark or not. If someone from Bangladesh will call me in court because he/she owns a business with the same name as a .com domain that I registered I will ignore it.

also, if they build a biz on non .com domain or cctld, then maybe they are not interested in it, especially if it was available to register, before you found it.

imo....
You would be surprised to find out how many bizzes build it local and after several years of success they have the guts to go internationally/regionally. I've personally helped 5 bizzes to sell internationally in 2020 and part of 2021 alone. The pandemic accelerated bizzes to go internationally or regionally for more customers. Only 1 out of those 5 have had the .com the other said they were not interested in it as all their customers were in the same country.

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have a point here but it depends if there is an international trademark or not. If someone from Bangladesh will call me in court because he/she owns a business with the same name as a .com domain that I registered I will ignore it.

You would be surprised to find out how many bizzes build it local and after several years of success they have the guts to go internationally/regionally. I've personally helped 5 bizzes to sell internationally in 2020 and part of 2021 alone. The pandemic accelerated bizzes to go internationally or regionally for more customers. Only 1 out of those 5 have had the .com the other said they were not interested in it as all their customers were in the same country.
BD is a member of WIPO. isn't it mean if someone from Bangladesh register their business it will goes under TM automatically to claim the domain name? My point is isn't it the first thing which one registered first The business or The domain name?

I'd not go for any running business domain name because there could be more chances of losing the name if the company owner files UDRP

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Hi @Siful Moni,
Thinking about the present value and the seller of Evaly.com considering the present market condition and reputation of Evaly.com.bd.
What is your view now?

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly Evaly Bangladesh holding negative value in the market. Even they are not capable to pay $10K to own the domain name Evaly.com.

So I must say the domain owner missed a great opportunity.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators