• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

VioxxLawyers - Ban the Snitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Clapton comes to mind :D

After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.
After midnight, were gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
Were gonna stimulate some action;
Were gonna get some satisfaction.
Were gonna find out what it is all about.
After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.

After midnight, were gonna shake your tambourine.
After midnight, its all gonna be peaches and cream.
Were gonna cause talk and suspicion;
Were gonna give an exhibition.
Were gonna find out what it is all about.
After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.

After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.
 
As much as I look down on people who cyber or typosquat, It should NOT be reported to the TM holders for many of the reasons already mentioned here. Turning DNF into a forum of snitches would be a disaster, Members should be able to buy & sell names without the fear of some rat interpreting it as infringement on a TM. If you have a real problem with a posted name, report it to the mods and ask that it be removed, Adhering to rule #25, which many members need to reminding of ;

25. Sales of obvious TM domains will not be allowed. Questionable/objectionable domains are one thing, but an obvious TM infringement is not allowed for sale here. Common sense applies here. If you post it and it's a known TM or TM typo, it will be removed.
Wow, my thoughts exactly. Raider and I agree on several things. Now back to our battles in the political thread. ;)
 
Why do you think it's ok to ban domainers that don't break any rule?

There are the written rules, and there are the moral rules and like in every community, there is an acceptable moral line for every matter. In this forum, just like in every community, when you cross this moral line you bring attention to yourself and when you harm another fellow member, you will be rejected by the rest.

Why do you think it's ok to comment in sale threads like the one where i posted a question? Why do you believe honesty is wrong?

What is so honest about what you did? I am trying but I can't understand. You crossed the line that's the problem. You simply screwed a person, while you could have just reported him to the mods.

I'm no snitch, i just don't want to give any explanation for the action that was taken. I protected members by letting them know.

Maybe you do not normally do that on a regular basis, you may have had your personal reasons for doing what you did. But do you not understand that this does not change anything? You ratted on a person and that person might get in serious trouble because of you now. Whether you had personal reasons for doing this or not, your actions are unacceptable in this community
 
Wow, my thoughts exactly. Raider and I agree on several things. Now back to our battles in the political thread. ;)

:lol:

I would much rather watch the battle of the typosquatters, as they self destruct :boom:

I'm obviously missing something here.... Aside of my business partnership with Josh, when have I ever knocked down on someone just for the hell of it?...

I never stated you knocked down anyone, read my post again. You came to his rescue twice on heated theads I had with him....I call it as I see it....

I'd like to stay on topic here, If you still have a problem then send me a PM. :)
 
Hello,

Don't be worry about this topic, maybe i will lose this domain, it's about $1606 lose for me, it's not a problem.

But now, we know that this member is not a good person so we cant sell anymore typo on this forum, think about if i were selling a 10k$ typo...

I hope the owner of this forum will ban him, otherwise in the future if i will put on sale a typo i will not publish the name in the post, but just via pm to some member.

Thanks you VioxxLawyers, now we know what kind of person you are ; good lucky in your business, i don't know if you can do business again on this community and as you know, when you lost i domain you can buy it again, instead when you lose credibility .....

Andrea
 
But now, we know that this member is not a good person so we cant sell anymore typo on this forum, think about if i were selling a 10k$ typo...
Don't blame it all on him, you take a huge risk in posting a TM name here yourself. Before, the company maybe didn't even know that the typo domain existed, but by posting the name you already made the name public so anyone, even the company which owns the TM itself, could just type the name in Google and your sales thread could have come up from this forum. And even if everybody does it, even me, posting a TM name here on this forum for sale it is still against the rules, the same very rules that the owner made in the beggining.

Taken from little thing called rules on this forum,

""25. Sales of obvious TM domains will not be allowed. Questionable/objectionable domains are one thing, but an obvious TM infringement is not allowed for sale here. Common sense applies here. If you post it and it's a known TM or TM typo, it will be removed.""

And also some members here should also read the rules, another rule on this forum is;

3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.

:rolleyes:
 
1) The name must be write in the title
2) Many other typo are sold on this forum and anyone contacted the company of the trademark, as he contact that company just for my name, it was a personal attack.

Andrea
 
There's also no forum rule that says you shouldn't kill the Pope - that doesn't mean you can go out and do it.

Yep - Beachie's right....there is no rule on that!
 
Yep - Beachie's right....there is no rule on that!

Nor should there be. :eek:
Ooooh. Controversial! :decision:

Joking! :rolleyes2: :smilewinkgrin:
 
:lol:
I never stated you knocked down anyone, read my post again. You came to his rescue twice on heated theads I had with him....I call it as I see it....

I'd like to stay on topic here, If you still have a problem then send me a PM. :)

I am not going to send you a PM, again I got better things to do. And if you wanted to stay on topic you wouldn't have mentioned that would you??
 
However you want to process or explain it everyone...the dudes a damn snitch and it was a personal attack on the member he reported to the company...it was low and senseless. Anyone who does'nt see that is a dirty snitchin' rat themselves.
 
I don't like TM names and have none but I think that both Vioxx and VioxxLawyers should be banned form this community as they both pose a threat to our well-being.
Snitching should not be tolerated. I agree with the majority. BAN HIM!
 
But now, we know that this member is not a good person so we cant sell anymore typo on this forum, think about if i were selling a 10k$ typo...

I agree with Patroiz, You have NO business selling obvious TM's here in the first place, it's against DNF policy. It cracks me up that you guys think you have this God given right to sell names like yuotube and bankuvamerica here, however I rarely see Microsoft typos for sale here, why is that? could it be because they know how vigorously MS defends its TM? most likely. I think all other major corps need to follow Microsoft's lead, going after people that trade and profit from such names, this includes the drop catchers that sell them.

As far as banning him, I can think of many members that are far more deserving of a ban than Vioxx.
 
As far as banning him, I can think of many members that are far more deserving of a ban than Vioxx.

This reads like you think he shouldn't be banned. If that's the case, you should go too.
 
As I stated in that original sales thread, regardless of the snitch factor, the seller was selling a domain that could be used as a fake bank site. It was not a typo, it was a "banknameaccountcenter" type of name. This is exactly the type of name that gives us a bad rep, what with the latest CNN reports etc. I don't think the seller can seriously claim damages when they were selling a dubious name. On the part of Vioxx I think the main factor involved was immaturity. So lesson learned: seller, get rid of that name. Vioxx should simply be shunned from doing business with these of us who were made aware of his act. It's called "business ostracizing".
 
I agree with Patroiz, You have NO business selling obvious TM's here in the first place, it's against DNF policy. It cracks me up that you guys think you have this God given right to sell names like yuotube and bankuvamerica here, however I rarely see Microsoft typos for sale here, why is that? could it be because they know how vigorously MS defends its TM? most likely. I think all other major corps need to follow Microsoft's lead, going after people that trade and profit from such names, this includes the drop catchers that sell them.

As far as banning him, I can think of many members that are far more deserving of a ban than Vioxx.
Just to jog your memory, here's an example of you selling a major corporation typo four months ago:
http://www.dnforum.com/f429/unusys-com-thread-225813.html

And another:
EightSimpleRules.com
http://www.dnforum.com/f5/eightsimplerules-com-thread-218848.html

It's probably best that you stick to making comments that don't make you look like a hypocrite.
 
It's late on this bulletinboard, so everybody grab a surfer kit :D
 
This reads like you think he shouldn't be banned. If that's the case, you should go too.

Amen.! like minded individuals that stand up to devious practices (i.e. snitching) should not be members here...

Just to jog your memory, here's an example of you selling a major corporation typo four months ago:
http://www.dnforum.com/f429/unusys-com-thread-225813.html

And another:
EightSimpleRules.com
http://www.dnforum.com/f5/eightsimplerules-com-thread-218848.html

It's probably best that you stick to making comments that don't make you look like a hypocrite.
Despite the argument in the other forum long time ago, I'm starting to like you more and more LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom