Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

vwsales.com & vwcars.net.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

orcasea

Hi AvGuy
The "jist" of the info I have recived tells me that you (A) have to be an officially licenced VW dealer with a (B)A legitimate bussiness to sell the domain. At least thats what the law says.

HOWEVER I have doubts that ANY domain speculator that owns more than say 50-100 domains, doesnt have at least more than a couple of domins that fall into that category.
(im sure that will get of few comments)

But such is life...if you want to feel better about it, go on eBay, as there are over 30 manufacturer specific domains/websites being auctioned and sold.
Now that doesnt make it right, but it STILL seems to me that if it was SUCH a huge problem in the domain market, the VW or Ford etc.. would have ALREADY registered these names, OR filed for the ownership of them. (oh boy now i'm REALLY gonna get mail!)
Any way, thats just my opinion, and I think I'm still entitled to that at least.
(without trying to sound paranoid...and breathing fully hehe)

So please take what you can from this thread, the info is there, the opinions have been posted, and a bloody good discussion has been had, as well as some new insights that I personnaly never thought of.
I am the last person to answer your question, I have decided my path (I think I finnally get it) , now you will have to do the same, and I wish you the best of luck in that regard.
Peace.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HOWEVER I have doubts that ANY domain speculator that owns more than say 50-100 domains, doesnt have at least more than a couple of domins that fall into that category.

Interesting strategy. Trying to defend your illegal cybersquatting tactics by assuming without proof that everyone does the same thing. Great.

Now that doesnt make it right, but it STILL seems to me that if it was SUCH a huge problem in the domain market, the VW or Ford etc.. would have ALREADY registered these names, OR filed for the ownership of them.

Do you know how many possible violations of those TMs can be made in domain name form? It's absolutely ridiculous to expect companies to register every possible variant of their TMs in every domain name extension to protect against unethical people. Beyond that, finding and filing against all the various infringers takes a lot of time and lot of money. The fact that they are missing some does not mean that what the squatters are doing is right.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AvGuy,

Poor choice in names. That would be a violation.

Just avoid the names of other company's products. It's easy.

AvGuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So what do I do the name is registered ???

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't use it, don't sell, let it expire, and if you bought it recently you may be able to have it delisted -- ask your registration provider.

If you are ever contacted by the company, apologize and transfer the name to them. If you aren't contacted, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom