Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Want an appraisal for your name quick? I have a secret formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me the price of a name is how desperate a buyer want to pay.

However, I see there are a lot of people are anxious to get an appraisal from other people so I developed this secret formula and it works most of the time:

- Low $xx to high $xxx to reseller
- If develop low $xxx to high $x,xxx to end users.

Try it - I think it works!!!

Let me know if it does not work and I will change the formula accordingly!!!

Good Luck!:lol:

Domain Summit 2024

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although I agree completely, do I sense a bit of sarcasm?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Johnn, the bored mod!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me the price of a name is how desperate a buyer want to pay.
This is actually a really good piece of advice - figuring this out and taking risks on getting no response back is what adds zeros to the final number.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have sold many names to end users and here are some of the mistakes that "domainers" made:

-Pricing negotiation: Do not rush. end user takes time and sometimes it takes days or week to finalize the deal. Rush them will chase them away as they are afraid they may make a mistake to overpay
- Find out as mush as you can who they are and the range that they want to buy. Everyone always wanted to buy things cheap but they should have a budget range in mind. Walk away if you are too far apart from their budget
- Be nice and professional in all conversation. Not all buyers are English speaker.

A good example would be I just sold a LLL dot net recently for 8K. He started the offer with $2k and we finalized the deal in 10 days. Most of us would be happy for $2K but if you could take the time to get more then Why Not?

Negotiation - Professional - Take Time are the three key things that you need for an end user transaction. I helped a couple of members here in the past to negotiate and closed deals from $xxx to $x,xxx. One of them send me 10% of the sale (I did not ask for it).

The Domain Business is a Funny business because when They Want The Name - They Want The Name!!! There is no option as there is only One Name. Begging for an appraisal would not increase the chance of your name will be sold at a higher price.

hockey

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn, I agree with your sarcasm. I think most members of this forum are experienced domainers and also already agree with what you posted. When asking for an appraisal members are looking for feedback on what other domainers feel a domain name is worth, and not thinking that an appraisal would increase the chance their name will be sold at a higher price.

Ultimately, as you stated, the true value of a domain name is what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom