Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

WARNING: BNK.com and RIC.com Confirmed Stolen

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BNK and RIC are confirmed stolen!

BNK.com: I am working with the rightful owners. BNK.com is listed at 4.cn only at this time, I have contacted them about this issue.

RIC.com: I was alerted to a recent whois change and its oddity, I spoke with the realtor of the last known good address, she gave me numbers for lawyer and family. Just spoke with family and the real owner or I should say real Richard is in a nursing home and the name was never for sale. The new info in whois is no good and the theif is using an @activist.com email. The family was unaware of this and getting back to me shortly.

I will update as I can, perhaps mod or admin can make this a sticky until resolved, thank you.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
BNK.com was recovered and now owned by me.

RIC.com the work on recovery continues, still stolen!

RIC.com is now recovered as well!

Very happy for both families, ric is very special to the owner so extra happy for him.
Nice job and very good ending. It's nice to see these stolen domains taken from the thieves for a change. I always hear about the thefts, but not the recoveries often enough.

Great job and great to hear.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what registrar(s) were these two stolen from? may i guess? i say .....ENOM!
--:eek:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you post some details now ?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One was an older rar that most here may have never heard of and the other netsol.

I could give details but they would take 2 pages to write and be more for entertainment than educational. I am not sure anyone else can learn much from this besides...

Be aware of the status of your domain(s). Do not rely upon working email, resolving homepage or long renewals to walk away, check in from time to time at your rar and always act fast once a theft is discovered.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i learned plenty just now jp-
netsol is one of the losing registrars. losers!

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Be aware of the status of your domain(s). Do not rely upon working email, resolving homepage or long renewals to walk away, check in from time to time at your rar and always act fast once a theft is discovered.
Most domainers keep tabs on the status of their domains, but not always as well as they should.

I think these types of theft happen a lot to people who buy the domain, pay for the reg fees for several years, setup whatever they are going to do with it and then forget it. If you value something, you should check on it more often in my opinion.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators