Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Warning: Check your domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
THIS IS A PPC EMERGENCY...THIS IS NOT A TEST (I wish it was)

I had a major drop in PPC earnings the last few days and this is what I found:

Anyone who had Enom stop the URL forwarding popups they recently started needs to check the URL forwarding for every domain thay have at Enom.

The first 150 I checked in my account had 22 altered domains. My domain forwarding looked like this:

http://www.topnames.com/index.shtml

and was changed to this:

www.topnames.com.

This kills the forwarding for the domain (or at least it did for me).

There must be a bug in the scripts that removed the popups and it screws up the domain forwarding.

M

mole

eNom is trying to change all the URL forwarding to CName whatever, this will kill your exisiting forwarding and result in a text error.

I think they are preparing to install TrafficVista into their DNS. Only thing is, they messed up everything thinking that CName was the way to go, when all it does is to kill forwarding in many instances.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol... that's funny!

would of been smart to atleast test it out before making the switch, it's not like it was an emergency or anything... what's up with this big companies this days screwing up big time :(

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stopped using eNom's URL forwarding several months ago because of constant problems. They are very unreliable for URL forwarding. I started using A records and forwarded them from my own server instead. The traffic actually increased when I did that, and I haven't had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom