Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom Warning Read this if you ever consider becoming an enom reseller

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
If you are an enom reseller and a customer registers names and then does a charge back after 5 days, then you get the names put into your account and you have to pay for them

I have been an enom reseller for several years
Just got hit with a charge back on my reseller account on a customer who registered about 50 names and then charged back
I thought Enom would take back the commission
Oh no. They take out of my funds the entire amount of the charge back $xxx
and then put the names that the fraudster registered into my account
How could anyone use them for reselling knowing this can happen?
I thought it was just an accounting error
However their knowledge base states
Should you we detect a fraudulent transaction after it's too late to delete the domain for credit, we will deduct the total commission earned from your Available Commission Balance (instead of your actual reseller account balance.) The domain will be added to your reseller account, as it will now be owned by you.
What they leave out is that they also charge your reseller account balance with the cost of the domains

What a joke that tasters can use the registry 5 day refund period and victims of fraud have to pay

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's BS! I have the same issue today! They charge me for the fraud registration of my customer.

I will raise my issue to my account manager and let's see what they will say about it.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's BS! I have the same issue today! They charge me for the fraud registration of my customer.

I will raise my issue to my account manager and let's see what they will say about it.

Thank you
Hopefully you can let us know what your account mgr says about this "pass the buck" bs on chargebacks
It is so time consuming to transfer names out to another registrar
I don't think I will have much choice though

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the first time it happen to me. They usually deduct the commission which is understandable but not charge you the domains you didn't register.

I hope to hear from them soon.

I will keep you posted.
Em

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The Enom Reseller program sucks!.....And if your not a ETP, it sucks even more....Having your account managed by a reseller above you who could care less about your account, who is non-responsive to your support requests and bumps up the pricing whenever they feel like it.

I'm leaving, I already begun the task of transferring my domains OUT.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
raider,

The ETP should give you additional support but you still be able to get phone support from Enom. This is the importance of knowing your reseller partner where you can discuss technical and pricing issues.

send me pm or call me if you prefer we can discuss this offline.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I raised a support ticket with enom to ask for an explanation of why I have to pay for chargebacks by customers.
The support team closed my ticket because it was not a technical issue.
They have forwarded my question to the appropriate department

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on a reply from enom to explain how they can take hundreds of dollars from my account . My transaction report shows it as chargeback by a customer.

Years as a loyal customer seems to mean nothing to these people.
Not even the courtesy of an email advising that they have taken my money and replaced the money with a bunch of useless names.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So another words, If you create a Enom reseller account for me, I can register hundreds of domains, taste them, cash in, dispute the charge and you the reseller get stuck with them + the chargeback? WOW!....I had no idea Enom passed chargebacks onto the resellers....incredible.

Sorry it had to happen to you.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on a reply from enom to explain how they can take hundreds of dollars from my account . My transaction report shows it as chargeback by a customer.

Years as a loyal customer seems to mean nothing to these people.
Not even the courtesy of an email advising that they have taken my money and replaced the money with a bunch of useless names.

Hi Joe,

Are you a direct ETP?

I disputed this to Enom and they return all charge back to my account today $500+. I suggest that you get in touch with them.

Good luck to you.
Regards,
Em

So another words, If you create a Enom reseller account for me, I can register hundreds of domains, taste them, cash in, dispute the charge and you the reseller get stuck with them + the chargeback? WOW!....I had no idea Enom passed chargebacks onto the resellers....incredible.

Sorry it had to happen to you.

For subreseller case, I think your partner will be able to assist you on this issue. I've done in the past.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Watcher,

The questions I submitted direct to Enom Support were answered with the same response, "Contact your Reseller" I did that and NO reponses for over 2 years, then they come on this Forum and tell lies.

I decided weeks ago to leave Enom.....Only way I'm going back is if I invest in a direct ETP account.....Thanks for trying to help though, I greatly appreciate it.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watcher,

The questions I submitted direct to Enom Support were answered with the same response, "Contact your Reseller" I did that and NO reponses for over 2 years, then they come on this Forum and tell lies.

I decided weeks ago to leave Enom.....Only way I'm going back is if I invest in a direct ETP account.....Thanks for trying to help though, I greatly appreciate it.

Contact your reseller is the standard response of Enom customer service but they do provide support if the main account is not responding.

I help some of other domaineer from subreseller to get their own direct account when their business grow. It just a matter of pushing the domains from one account to another. Despite of these, I know Enom still offer the best features with domains.

Send pm anytime to talk about it if you still interested.

Regards,
em

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just sick of the way Enom are treating me
They can keep my money, if they have to go to such lengths to make a profit.
I have been ripped off by scammers before and probably will be in the future
I am just surprised such a large company has scammed me
I made this post to warn others of what Enom can do to their resellers
They are just plain dishonest
I will never ever use them again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom