Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Was I a moron in buying these names? You tell me!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acidrain.com is a really GOOD name, and $700 is a fair price when you're developing it yourself; but I doubt if you could resell it for anything substantially higher (like in the thousands).

Domain summit 2024

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have paid $700 for AcidRain.com. Someone will come along sooner or later and want it.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
Acid rain isn't a force of nature, and has a negative feeling to it as its to do with the effects of pollution.

Still a good name IMHO.

Right -

Acid rain is formed when Sulfur Dioxide and Nitrogen Dioxide is dissolved in water (rain). Sulfur dioxide is emitted primarily by power palnts burning coal to make electricity as well as paper mills. Nitrogen Dioxide is made when cars are driven (also, Nitrogen Dioxide is responsible for the brown haze you get in larger cities as the pollution accumulates).

When Sulfur dioxide dissolves it gives sulfufous acid and when Nitrogen Dioxide dissolves it give nitric acid. Acids kills plant life and we get the yellow leaves and pine needles that were mentioned before.

Alright Alright ------> </chemistry lesson>

(sorry - I am a chemical engineer and specialize in environmental stuff so I could not resist as this is right up my alley :D ).

Moral: AcidRain.com is a great name. Acid rain will be a problem until we stop burning coal as a power source - which will be for quite a few more years. You have a wining name. I can see it selling for 4-5 figures.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators