• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Was Registerfly hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
371
Reaction score
6
About an hour ago I received an email from registerfly informing me my account's default email was changed to [email protected] - I did not change it. Now I could not access my account!
 
When will you people learn?
 
I know registerfly is bad. I'm actually moving domains from registerfly to the good guys (but the process is not completed yet).
 
Hacking into them is the only way to find your domains...
 
seemingly all user and passwords were hacked a few months ago . ( Sept or October I think ). They were for sale on some dodgy forum . There was a thread on namepr0s about it ... if you do a search there
 
how about taking a legal action against registerfly ones and for all?
 
I got scared a little bit... for a while I thought my account is hacked too... I just type in the wrong password... :P
 
I just had four names transferred out into someone else's account today... the account name it went to is "milokomotive" -- I tried contacting customer support through the worthless online support ticket system and they just claimed that I pushed them myself to that account. The date for the transfer is today but the time only comes up as 0000.

I tried calling rapid response and I was on hold for a while, and then at 5 pm eastern I got a note saying that nobody was there and to leave a message. I did, then called back and it says they leave at 5 pm. Well, great, way to not even answer your phone when one;s waiting.

The person who currently is listed as owning these names is:

Chavez, Andreas [email protected]
1510 verginia ne
verginia, NM 87110
US
+1.5053977539

Oddly enough, the original email said to go to registerflysupport.com to dispute the transfer, and that domain appears to be expired or something... whois says it was due in December. Now it's possible this was some fake site with a phishing attempt, but I never entered my password over there (and in fact it doesn't even look like it's trying to be anything other than some ad place now).
 
Forget about contacting them. Email, they never reply; Online ticket, they will close them without providing any solution; Online live support, doesn't even launch; Phone calls, you will end up putting on hold for an hour and get disconnected. If you call late evening, the representative who answer will tell you to call back during office hour.

I don't know what you can do to get back your domain. All I can do is to wish you luck. You are going to waste a lot of time dealing with this crapy company. If you really want to get a hold of them, try to call them at 7 am early in the morning.
 
RegisterFly should be sued for False Pretense or Misrepresentaion for even having a "support" link of any kind on their site.

The Dog and Pony show continues...
 
Turned out it's a technical error (as told by 'Brandon' on registerfly's online chat).

I'm doing my best to move domains away asap. BTW, if you have domains that expired there, seems little chance to renew successfully. Sad that registerfly has become such a bad company.
 
"A technical error" singed in, changed your email address, and then purposefully took four of my names and moved them over to an account which modified the ownership information in whois? Not bloody likely.

Somebody, either using the hacked password list mentioned above (way to go Registerfly, you'd think you'd change all the passwords if you heard about that) or someone at the company, is ****ing around with the accounts.
 
Well, I've certainly learned now, but the kinds of problems I've had with them in the past were nothing at all like this situation, so I don't know why you feel the need to be such a prick about it.
 
asshole attitude is right !

As many posts as there have been, and as many people have been burnt, yes, I've got an attitude when you're too stupid to learn anything.
 
As many posts as there have been, and as many people have been burnt, yes, I've got an attitude when you're too stupid to learn anything.


Now he is not just an asshole ... but a funny one ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom