Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

news Was there a Hack/Data Breach at Epik?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this might be something to consider.
I think changing a name and rebranding is running from something. There's nothing Epik has to run and hide from, so I will say "no" as well. You target someone because you don't like what they do. Epik would forever have a target on its back because people do not like the fact that they give other people an outlet, through hosting or services provided or otherwise, to say whatever they want (to a degree). Epik would need to disconnect ties with Gab, Parler, etc., and say like the rest of Big Tech, "We will no longer give you the reigns to decide what you want to be allowed or not allowed on your platforms." That's absurd as that would not be Epik anymore.

Surely a rebrand or a new image is due so that they could say, "Hey, we took a few rounds, but the Doc was able to patch us back up. We're pretty sure we're bulletproof now, but we'll still be on guard watching our 6 just in case."

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think changing a name and rebranding is running from something. There's nothing Epik has to run and hide from, so I will say "no" as well. You target someone because you don't like what they do. Epik would forever have a target on its back because people do not like the fact that they give other people an outlet, through hosting or services provided or otherwise, to say whatever they want (to a degree). Epik would need to disconnect ties with Gab, Parler, etc., and say like the rest of Big Tech, "We will no longer give you the reigns to decide what you want to be allowed or not allowed on your platforms." That's absurd as that would not be Epik anymore.

Surely a rebrand or a new image is due so that they could say, "Hey, we took a few rounds, but the Doc was able to patch us back up. We're pretty sure we're bulletproof now, but we'll still be on guard watching our 6 just in case."

Re branding would be seen as a victory for the anarcho-communist.

You don't apologize to criminals for being robbed or leftist for being right.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Re branding would be seen as a victory for the anarcho-communist.
Exactly. My rebrand approach would be that, oh my God, I'm about to say it, "We've built back better." I don't mean it in the globalist sense, just that, "We've learned from our mistakes, know that something bad is prone to happen at one point in time, but are on it 24/7 so that no to minimal damage is done."

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it ironic how Epik is proud to put a custom badge on their home page that they were voted best registrar in 2020 on a Namepros poll, yet how often they diss Namepros on this forum. :eyeroll:

It was before the era of rigged polls. So, yes, it was an upset -- the house brand did not prevail. Oops.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was before the era of rigged polls. So, yes, it was an upset -- the house brand did not prevail. Oops.
Really? There is a general consensus that Epik staff accounts skewed the results of that poll. How many staff accounts were there on NamePros at that time?

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really? There is a general consensus that Epik staff accounts skewed the results of that poll. How many staff accounts were there on NamePros at that time?

There is no general consensus. There is an echo chamber of a vocal minority. Big difference. It seems pretty clear that NP management amplifies anti-Epik content, and censors pro-Epik content. Weak sauce but in light of their undisclosed affiliations and ownership, I guess it comes with the territory. Clearly Epik was not supposed to win. The infamous "What's going on" thread made Epik notable and was clearly designed to defame/destroy. That backfired too. Oops. Whoever is paying these clowns to run these Ops should request a refund.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Whoever is paying these clowns to run these Ops should request a refund.
I m sure they are doing it for food, cause that is how cheap they are. :D

Hey Kirt if you read this, help me crack an iPhone 12 schematic user password and i will buy you a HotDog. :D

Attachments

• phone12_原理图(D53)[1].pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no general consensus. There is an echo chamber of a vocal minority. Big difference. It seems pretty clear that NP management amplifies anti-Epik content, and censors pro-Epik content. Weak sauce but in light of their undisclosed affiliations and ownership, I guess it comes with the territory. Clearly Epik was not supposed to win. The infamous "What's going on" thread made Epik notable and was clearly designed to defame/destroy. That backfired too. Oops. Whoever is paying these clowns to run these Ops should request a refund.

It is a fact that Epik has 35 staff accounts on NamePros. Who knows how many other proxy accounts. You can spin it any way you want. But people can look at the facts and decide for themselves. NamePros polls are not scientific, they are not monitored to ensure accuracy or credibility. It would take a seriously credulous person to believe that all these accounts belonging to Epik did not skew the results.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a fact that Epik has 35 staff accounts on NamePros. Who knows how many other proxy accounts. You can spin it any way you want. But people can look at the facts and decide for themselves. NamePros polls are not scientific, they are not monitored to ensure accuracy or credibility. It would take a seriously credulous person to believe that all these accounts belonging to Epik did not skew the results.

Don't kid yourself. The people you describe as employees were mostly people who already preferred Epik before we hired them. We did not hire them all, but we certainly used NamePros as a primary recruiting spot in 2020.

Explained here:

That was in November 2019. The poll was in March 2020. This is not rocket science. We hired people who wanted to be Epik. As you would expect, the people who liked us enough to work for us also voted for us. Duh.

I contributed a lot of thoughtful threads there. They ranked among the most popular. Why? Because I shared what worked as we authentically focused on empowering as many people as possible, and overcoming scarcity mindset.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself. The people you describe as employees were mostly people who already preferred Epik before we hired them. We did not hire them all, but we certainly used NamePros as a primary recruiting spot in 2020.

That was in November 2019. The poll was in March 2020. This is not rocket science. We hired people who wanted to be Epik. As you would expect, the people who liked us enough to work for us also voted for us. Duh.

Don't kid yourself. People work for money. This is not a religion or a charity. You hire people, you pay them money, what do you expect. They will try to make you happy. Especially when you hire freelancers from less developed countries. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to be hired. This makes the poll skewed.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself. People work for money. This is not a religion or a charity. You hire people, you pay them money, what do you expect. They will try to make you happy. Especially when you hire freelancers from less developed countries. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to be hired. This makes the poll skewed.

Nah, we call those people whores. We don't hire whores. If you did, that's on you.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Nah, we call those people whores. We don't hire whores. If you did, that's on you.
It is a fact that if you removed the employee vote, Dynadot would have won that poll. The votes are public, everybody at NP knows what happened there. From what I've read, you were also banned for spamming that thread. Now Dynadot is winning these polls and you'll win the Worst Registrar this year. People will blog about that, it'll go into your Wikipedia page etc.

As far as hiring whores. You had 1 Muslim that took issue with you trying to promote a product off a massacre of Muslims. You hired him. Now, I guess he's ok with that. That's public as well for anybody to read.

As far as support, where is everybody? If we were to believe you have lots of support, this forum would be booming. Most of the Epik supporters here are either employees or banned/restricted NP members.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Thread about the Christchurch massacre at NP, your current employee Furquah said at the time:

"If it was done by any of Muslim believe me people have taken down the twitter & other media outlet termed all of us terrorist.

@Rob Monster has some intention while sharing this, what you wanted to spread this type of hate against Muslim?

For me Epik is no more.

*I am a Muslim & I am proud of being Muslim"

Went from that to working for you.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then about to be voted Worst Registrar
Yeah, don't care. My domains are safe and secure and I am benefitting from low-priced renewals. A lot of domainers could benefit from this too. It costs a lot to maintain a portfolio, and if you even have a domain portfolio of 100 names, that's an extra $80 per year if the difference is 80 cents. It's not rocket science, it's business.

How many extra domains could you renew with $80 saved?
Rob already covered this many times, on NamePros and here, but glad to see you back at the mudslinging as I thought you had bowed out. It would be nice if you explored the other areas of our forum and helped other individual investors by posting tidbits here and there rather than just going Mission Impossible on Epik though. I think your time is best served to help others—as Rob does—than to attempt to destroy.
They will try to make you happy.
I think Rob said it best: We're not whores. I've never been a yes man (except for the time when I had to respect the rank and do as told) and have always pushed back when I felt things weren't going the right way. I've always maintained a "work with me" and not "give me work" attitude. Pleasure is a two-way street in successful business ventures; there's never a one answer fits all solution, as they would like you to believe in the education system.

As a side note, I find it odd that people use different aliases on DNForum than they do on NamePros. Also, that they might even be using multiple names on DNForum in an effort to make it appear that there are more against Epik than for. But, your dog and pony show is showing and it ain't working.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators