• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

We Need To Get Rid Of This Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Scorpio!
 
If I was a mod this would have been fixed by now...hopefully someone will see this soon or there will be 300 of those stupid posts by tomorrow morning.

I'd also like to know which former member this guy was...that should be easy to tell using his IP.

How do you expect to get the info from his IP, most have IP's that change, and he could have used a proxy.
 
How do you expect to get the info from his IP, most have IP's that change, and he could have used a proxy.

Quite easy actually, ban an IP range.
 
Well, won't that possibly get others banned as well; and what if he used a proxy.
 
Well, won't that possibly get others banned as well; and what if he used a proxy.

If there using a proxy, you send the boys around. There is the possibility other forum users could exist on the same IP range, fairly easy to determine with vB though.
 
Yes, that group of mods were very good. It was amazing they were dropped especially since they worked for FREE and the unannounced new ones will be PAID. Very odd.
I share your opinion.
before letting us go, Adam pointed us to an email where we could ask more details about the paid positions.
I was interested and sent him an email, however, nobody bothered to reply.
after working 1 year for free for DNF I think I deserved that reply.
 
There has to be reason for the mods being dropped. Obviously the admin want's a tighter ship around here. I just hope that doesn't mean the business model of DNF will be changing to accomodate for paid staff.
 
finally its taken care of.
 
I've run a large forum before, you cannot stop this kind of stuff without implementing major usergroup changes for only a small group of unstable people. It’s a minor bleep in the radar. Even if caught 24 hours later, usually 2 clicks of the mouse fixes the problem.
 
I've run a large forum before, you cannot stop this kind of stuff without implementing major usergroup changes for only a small group of unstable people. It’s a minor bleep in the radar. Even if caught 24 hours later, usually 2 clicks of the mouse fixes the problem.
Having mods and/or admin.s from different parts of the globe monitoring the forum 24 hours a day should solve this sort of problem, which is what DCG palnned on doing. Forums without cashflows on the other hand are definitely at risk, since they can't get that sort of luxury.
 
With Adam's new role at iREIT, he will be doing a less hands on job here - so the forums will be run by paid administrators. At least that's what I've come to understand.
 
And I thought it was WhoDatDog . He said last week if he was ever banned he would come back to bad-mouth and make threats.

I remember him saying something like that
 
Didn't realize Dog got banned. Was it for something other than his harsh posts?
 
DNForum should charge for posting. With all this flooding, Adam would get richer. :-) It would also raise the quality.

Avin a laugh some guys would have to remortgage the way they talk on here LOL
 
It looks like whodatdog's account was terminated. Hmmm Thats a little strange.

Here were dogs exact words when posting in the "was DNF down?" thread.

WhoDatDog: I thought I was banned as well. I was already plotting my revenge. I was on my way to an Internet Cafe and logged in right before I left.

SouthernTn: What was going to happen?

WhoDatDog: Just a bunch of bad-mouthing and mumbling.....and threats and stuff.

I think he was prob joking though. He didnt seem like someone that would go that far. He was actually a nice guy if you talked to him.
 
WhoDatDog was a controversial figure and he sometimes his words were too strong.
 
Dog cracked me up. But I could certainly see others getting offended. he would go way over the top sometimes. I din't see anything in his last few posts though that would have constituted a ban. Maybe it was something else.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom