Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed WebPage-Design.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forgot I had this one. Ain't a great lover of the hyphen but I thought the wordage content of this doamin to be good. Tried advertising a couple of places and sending of a fewe-mails but nothing yet.

Can anyone give a value on this?

Domain summit 2024

Being honest, I don't think it would be great as a .com - as a .info I can't see it getting any bites for sensible money.

hyphen + info would off set the average asking prices of a .com
no hyphen, as some listed at BuyDomains for 'buy price'
* one is a .net

WebsiteDesign.com $6288
WebdesignCenter.com $2488
DesignWarehouse.com $2088
WebsiteDesignServices.com $888
ActiveWebDesign.com $288
NYweb.com $5000
DesignOnline.NET $288

Avg. asking price at BuyDomains for a .com / no hyphen..
simular category
$2618

so, consider the 'discounts' and that'll give you an idea.
* however, i do like the .info on this one, because that's what
folks are doing..
they are 'searching for web page design' INFO

I've never purchased a hyphen.

The hyphen choked names get just as good of engine listing
as the non hyphen.

GoodLuck.

M

MattyP

Your post was a beauty.

That's what these forums are all about, helping others, while learning yourself.

Good on you.

Originally posted by timechange

Would you pass by hyphen.com? :D

NO.. you know i'de not pass on
hyphen.com

Do you ever MISS the city??

Don't just stay in the STATE your in!!

the hyphen and .info is not a nice combo, I don't think its sellable, sorry

sometimes I think the hyphen helps to break up long names or make an impact in a long name. I feel that as more people use the internet they have the understanding of the required us of this and would not be off-put. One of the best known advertising phrases in the world uses a hyphen Coca-Cola.

The phrase wordage on this domain is also something which I hoped aligend with the . info suffix would make it desirable. Got to be good though as it doesn't impact on search engine placement. We can all live in hope.

Does anyone know of any good hyphen domain sales.

.info's don't seem to be selling well
hyphenated domains don't seem to be selling well

add the 2 together - and its a hard sell.

Re the coca-cola thing - how many people refer to it when spoke as "coca dash cola"? To acquire a coke, you pick it up - there isn't a myriad of similar cans called cocacola, coke-a-cola etc all containing different drinks competing for your memory.

M

MattyP

One of the best known advertising phrases in the world uses a hyphen Coca-Cola.

The above is true. It took coke 100 years and a zillion dollars to get the brand that well known though.

I still think that more than half the people that type in Coca-Cola would leave out the hyphen.

I doubt they would have started with a hyphen if they were branding a name in the ' net ' era.

I like your name and regged my first hyphen name a few weeks ago Dream-Horse.com.

Would you pass by hyphen.com? :D

hey you! :)

I don't want you to MISS me while I'm gone.. but, I'm thinking I need to take a biz trip to either SanDiego or LosAngeles... or would you suggest an alternative city?

Originally posted by safesys
.info's don't seem to be selling well
hyphenated domains don't seem to be selling well

add the 2 together - and its a hard sell.

Re the coca-cola thing - how many people refer to it when spoke as "coca dash cola"? To acquire a coke, you pick it up - there isn't a myriad of similar cans called cocacola, coke-a-cola etc all containing different drinks competing for your memory.

There is RC Cola and Pepsi Cola :D

Originally posted by WandaMay

hey you! :)

I don't want you to MISS me while I'm gone.. but, I'm thinking I need to take a biz trip to either SanDiego or LosAngeles... or would you suggest an alternative city?

Domain names are like slim blondes: all the good ones are taken :D:D:D

Originally posted by MattyP
One of the best known advertising phrases in the world uses a hyphen Coca-Cola.

The above is true. It took coke 100 years and a zillion dollars to get the brand that well known though.

I still think that more than half the people that type in Coca-Cola would leave out the hyphen.

I doubt they would have started with a hyphen if they were branding a name in the ' net ' era.

I like your name and regged my first hyphen name a few weeks ago Dream-Horse.com.

When it comes to Engine listings... Spiders & human editors DO NOT discern the hyphen... the hyphen will NEVER hurt in regards to Search Engine Ranking.. bottom line.. too much FACT on this matter.

HYPEN ONLY HURTS...........
WHEN YOU PLAN TO DO RADIO OR PRINT AD'S.

it's not an easy recall..
can't advertise an 'hyphen' over the radio?

but.. most NetMerchants...... do not do major ad/promoting outside of internet arena..

but.. most NetMerchants...... do not do major ad/promoting outside of internet arena..

They do rely on recall and referalls though - and thats where the hyphens hurt if you don't own the non hyphened.

But this is all academic as hyphened domains don't get the big sales.

M

MattyP

Which in my opinion is a mistake Wanda.

Domain names are like slim blondes: all the good ones are taken :D:D:D

gotta look for those SlimDrops LOL :D

taken? cool..
as long as the registrant is right.

they can't all be gone.. slim chance maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom