Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Well It's Offical....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't a mushroom kept in the dark and fed Bull$hit?

WLS does not stand a rat's chance in Hell.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cartoonz
Isn't a mushroom kept in the dark and fed Bull$hit?

WLS does not stand a rat's chance in Hell.

Hey Cartoonz I'm hoping WLS will go thru.

Just lost 3 more to the likes of Mrs Jello, BuyDomains and Ultsearch. I agree with Mark, that there is a chance using the other services (I use almost all of them and have 50 Snaps revolving) but it's a very very slim chance. As the system is now, it's like the lottery with all of us buying a ticket. The above group just buys 99.9% of the tickets. If we win, we pay $69, or $120 or more, and if they win, they pay $6 max. If it's going to be "status quo" when the WLS comes out, why are the likes of BuyDomains protesting against it so much?

The way I see it, the only way for any of us little guys to beat these Big guys is thru WLS. They own the system now.

I've still got a couple slots open on the 100 DNF$ bets.
Doc

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stocdoctor

Hey Cartoonz I'm hoping WLS will go thru.

Just lost 3 more to the likes of Mrs Jello, BuyDomains and Ultsearch. I agree with Mark, that there is a chance using the other services (I use almost all of them and have 50 Snaps revolving) but it's a very very slim chance. As the system is now, it's like the lottery with all of us buying a ticket. The above group just buys 99.9% of the tickets. If we win, we pay $69, or $120 or more, and if they win, they pay $6 max. If it's going to be "status quo" when the WLS comes out, why are the likes of BuyDomains protesting against it so much?

The way I see it, the only way for any of us little guys to beat these Big guys is thru WLS. They own the system now.

I've still got a couple slots open on the 100 DNF$ bets.
Doc

1. They pay the same amount as you do.
2. They buy a majority of the chances, true.

Why do you think that they will not buy a majority of WLS slots as well? That is strange logic.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cartoonz

1. They pay the same amount as you do.
2. They buy a majority of the chances, true.

Why do you think that they will not buy a majority of WLS slots as well? That is strange logic.

1. No they do not. They pay $6 or less (if they win) while we pay $69 for a snap, $120+ for a DW, huge bids at NW, $50 minimum at Nic Genie (if the name hasn't been bot already and they choose to put the leftovers on their list).

2. They do buy the huge majority of chances, but only pay the $6 or less if they win. We pay snap fees whether we win or not.

Why do you think BuyDomains is protesting the WLS?

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

1. No they do not. They pay $6 or less (if they win) while we pay $69 for a snap, $120+ for a DW, huge bids at NW, $50 minimum at Nic Genie (if the name hasn't been bot already and they choose to put the leftovers on their list).

2. They do buy the huge majority of chances, but only pay the $6 or less if they win. We pay snap fees whether we win or not.

Your info is wrong. That's all I'll say right now.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

honestly, i 'm tired of the naysayers complaining that they lose to ultsearch and buydomains. I'm confident of beating them any day of the week on any name. You win some and you lose some. Buydomains and ultsearch grab a lot of names in all, but if you pick the name you want and are determined... they're most likely toast.

I mean, i think you're one of the cooler and more savvy members of this board stocdoctor. Where's your flare for excitement and competition? Do you think when you have snap or the high bid on namewinner you are just entitled to the name? Sorry, man but there is a lot more effort and strategy that goes into it then that.

The same people who have a losing attitude now will not have success with the new system. they will find something new to whine about. i can see it now. With wls, if you are lucky enough, you'll get one of the slots for a decent name in the first 3 hours. after that it will be over. when it rolls out companies will buy wls subscriptions by the hundreds of thousands. you had better believe that people will be using scripts or some other automated or sophisticated means to grab the slots in bulk.

now if you are lucky enough to get a slot. do you think you will get the name? i wouldn't be too confident. because that guy who is bidding 5k at namewinner or dropking now will see that the slot is taken and simply contact the registrant and purchase it from him. Sure, that sort of thing happens now, but not anywhere near the degree as when wls is in effect. why? because right now people are reluctant to make an offer to the registrant for a great name because they are confident they have a chance at getting it for a bargain in the drops. With wls offering the registrant will be the only option if you need the name. in otherwords, the naysayers of today will still be complaining that they had the wls for such and such name and some "next generation buydomains" company
bought it direct from the registrant and "screwed" you.

my advice to the naysayers is to go for the name and not wait for some commie ICANN approved diversion as a handout. Show a little bit of tenacity, and above all, grab the name!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon

Your info is wrong. That's all I'll say right now.

Great! I'd love to be proved wrong. Have yet to see any proof from anyone here in the anti-wls crowd. Show me what ya got.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They pay $6 or less

so you're basically saying the registrars chase names for them for free or even at a loss..

omg..

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool

honestly, i 'm tired of the naysayers complaining that they lose to ultsearch and buydomains. I'm confident of beating them any day of the week on any name. You win some and you lose some. Buydomains and ultsearch grab a lot of names in all, but if you pick the name you want and are determined... they're most likely toast.

I mean, i think you're one of the cooler and more savvy members of this board stocdoctor. Where's your flare for excitement and competition? Do you think when you have snap or the high bid on namewinner you are just entitled to the name? Sorry, man but there is a lot more effort and strategy that goes into it then that.

The same people who have a losing attitude now will not have success with the new system. they will find something new to whine about. i can see it now. With wls, if you are lucky enough, you'll get one of the slots for a decent name in the first 3 hours. after that it will be over. when it rolls out companies will buy wls subscriptions by the hundreds of thousands. you had better believe that people will be using scripts or some other automated or sophisticated means to grab the slots in bulk.

now if you are lucky enough to get a slot. do you think you will get the name? i wouldn't be too confident. because that guy who is bidding 5k at namewinner or dropking now will see that the slot is taken and simply contact the registrant and purchase it from him. Sure, that sort of thing happens now, but not anywhere near the degree as when wls is in effect. why? because right now people are reluctant to make an offer to the registrant for a great name because they are confident they have a chance at getting it for a bargain in the drops. With wls offering the registrant will be the only option if you need the name. in otherwords, the naysayers of today will still be complaining that they had the wls for such and such name and some "next generation buydomains" company

my advice to the naysayers is to go for the name and not wait for some commie ICANN approved diversion as a handout. Show a little bit of tenacity, and above all, grab the name!

I just got done writing an extremely long response to this and got booted from the system. Was too long anyway.

I'll try and make this much shorter.
First thanks for the compliment Kid. I have the same respect for you. I never said I was "entitled". I'm up for the competition of the current system or the new wls and am not whining. Yep, I think I'm pretty "savvy" in this area, and I know what it takes. I use snaps et el just as insurance policies. I run my own databases on my focus names that make services like exody useless. I own my own yahoo etc search scripts, and have employed drop catching scripts and 1 click services. I have accounts at 70+ registrars, and have been very successful in the past.

It's just that I disagree with the thinking that BuyDomains or the "companies" will buy up wls by the "hundreds of thousands" when a cost may be $60 each. Do the math. Yeah they spend $ to buy the services of RegTek etc but when they get a name it costs $6 or less. I know what it costs them (pretty much) for these services, as I've bot them myself and even was up for trying to buy the RegTek service if they let that contract go.

I just think that the wls could be a good thing. I also think that the newbies in this game are being mislead into thinking they have a chance in hell going after tier1 names and most tier 2 names. They pay out a lot of wasted money for these same services that want to see the wls fail.

Again, if someone can tell me why, when the situation will only worsen for us, and the situation for these "companies" (such as BuyDomains) will only improve, that they are some of the most outspoken parties against wls?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool

While I agree with you in part on this note, I think it could have a positive result in the overall pricing in the secondary market. That is a market where I'd like to see some of the "bargains" go away. Right now the market is inefficient, but that won't last forever. You can't hold on to the hopes of ignorance. Down the road, the people will wise up and things like the domain store by Verislime and their new agreement with AOhell will start to enlighten this market. It won't take that long to happen either, as new technology moves very fast now. The holders of names will be contacted (by Netsol and the other registrars) long before secondary market buyers, and will place them as available on the domain store etc. rather than letting them drop.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shake up is a good thing in this case, all those snap services
are just like the phone companies. Now the monopoly is about to be broken, and new one's will probably be started. in between the transition maybe some nonsubscribers to these services can get a couple of good names!

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon
Shake up is a good thing in this case, all those snap services
are just like the phone companies. Now the monopoly is about to be broken, and new one's will probably be started. in between the transition maybe some nonsubscribers to these services can get a couple of good names!

If I'm understanding you right, you have it backwards. WLS will be a monopoly. Right now there's competition in dropping names.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's going to be "status quo" when the WLS comes out, why are the likes of BuyDomains protesting against it so much?

Because it will result in a massive increase in costs for them. Just like you. Any business will resist price increases.

so you're basically saying the registrars chase names for them for free or even at a loss..

Hardly. Nor do they get them at $6. I wish. That price isn't even pocket money in the wholesale drop biz.

If I'm understanding you right, you have it backwards. WLS will be a monopoly. Right now there's competition in dropping names.

Right on. Competition is here and heating up. The last year in particular has seen a drastic ramping up of competition. That's healthy.

Monopolies aren't.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm with Gordon on this one. There are a variety of business models to choose from with the various dropcatchers offering services today (and more are sure to arrive). Competition is always healthy. Monopolies never are.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Hardly. Nor do they get them at $6. I wish. That price isn't even pocket money in the wholesale drop biz.

to clarify, I'm perfectly aware of that. I was trying to show lack of logic in the other post.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I'm with Gordon on this one. There are a variety of business models to choose from with the various dropcatchers offering services today (and more are sure to arrive). Competition is always healthy. Monopolies never are.

Again, my respect to Gordon, but I don't see the likes of BuyDomains getting much competition from all these other "business models" now. I know the game is rigged at a number of registrars and can point out many sweetheart deals. I see a lot of people picking up garbage names and wasting their money. I still can't see how a wls is going to cost me more? A snap is usually $69, DW $120+, Nic Genie $50+, and Namewinner is on the moon sometimes with those rediculous bids, just to name a few. Some services charge whether you get the name or not, but you got to cover the bases right?

Duke, kinda think you're ok too (lol) but I beg you to show me where the competition is today? I don't like Verislime having a monopoly either, but what exists today is simular to a feudal system with the registrars transferring expired names over to their buds (or keeping them for themselves) before they drop.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still can't see how a wls is going to cost me more? A snap is usually $69, DW $120+, Nic Genie $50+, and Namewinner is on the moon sometimes with those rediculous bids, just to name a few. Some services charge whether you get the name or not, but you got to cover the bases right?

Yes, you are right, with WLS you will pay less. And you'll get less too. Chasing names might not be worth it anymore. I'm making a good profit right now doing what I'm doing, and I'm happy with that. I believe WLS will screw it all up.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftlock

Yes, you are right, with WLS you will pay less. And you'll get less too. Chasing names might not be worth it anymore. I'm making a good profit right now doing what I'm doing, and I'm happy with that. I believe WLS will screw it all up.

Nice to see someone is doing well. I'd like to see some proof though. I offered 300DNF$ on another thread for someone who could show me a tier 1 name they got through a snap recently. I'm not offering enough I guess.

Paying less will be half the battle won for me, and I don't think I will get less than I'm getting right now by using all these services, custom search progs and scripts galore.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I beg you to show me where the competition is today? I don't like Verislime having a monopoly either, but what exists today is simular to a feudal system with the registrars transferring expired names over to their buds (or keeping them for themselves) before they drop.

Today's system is less than ideal, no doubt, but I'm afraid WLS will be far worse - that you won't be able to get any slots at all on a decent name. I can't testify to tier 1 names as I haven't caught any, but some of the lower level ones can be profitable pickups. Recently NW got one for me for $8.75, I was contacted by a buyer just two weeks later and sold it for mid 3-figure range. We would all love to nab the top names, but I doubt we will get any of them via WLS. May not through the current system either, but to me it's like the odds are 1,000 to 1 against you now, but probably rise to 10,000 to 1 with WLS.

Philosophically I also don't like the idea of all of these independent businesses being put out of business through the establishment of a monopoly benefitting only one player (a player that has already be proven to be completely unworthy).

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was very vocal against WLS and maybe not enough about the way it is set up now. With Stoc on this..I have also seen anyone get a decent name with the exception of Beatz wwwf.com ...

I play very sparringly (in drops)simply because most of the names I see are total junk anyways.. My position is still if you see a name you want contact the current owner ...it is really the only way to have a realistic chance of acquiring a tier one domain.

I think it sucks now and I think It will suck on WLS.. (for the average Joe).. I do agree with Stoc that maybe it's about time to put an end to

"registrars transferring expired names over to their buds (or keeping them for themselves) before they drop."

If anything else maybe it would be good to stop that nonsense.

Bottom line..you want a domain ..pay for it.. contact the owner..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators