Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What are exclusive members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37325

Come on guys.. I realize you all want info.. but most of you are smart enough to see what changes are and have been made and how they effect you.. not at all ...you havent lost any privileges and you have some very exciting new opportunitioes to gain financially ... without having to join the exclusive forums (and even more if you do).. but that is all I can say.. let DCG do his thing..

Beatz.. DCG said he WILL use the DNF News / update threads.. and he will when everything is ready.. when the news is ready.. he clearly stats that that will be Monday.. please be patient 1 more day. ( and keep in mind that his HIS thread to release News..not us Mods.. we have to wait like everyone else..

Now I am going to hand you your rock back.. please dont throw it again unless you have a really good reason other than impatience.. :cheeky: :laugh:

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please Note: The three Exclusive Members listed are the three board Admins.

DotComGod, ImpactAdmin and NHLRat. No mystery.

Hold tight. Let's see what a value-added membership will do for DNF and all it's members.

I think it will be especially helpful for all those seriously pursuing domains as a business.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Management must be nuts to make these kind of changes and to NOT POST A SINGLE ANNOUNCEMENT in the news section although they said they would do it from now on.

Well, whole site got revamped and guess what - not a single statement in the news section about it.

I don't get these guys anymore, really.
Adam has made it very clear that there will be an announcement about the new Exclusive membership on Monday. And please don't tell me that it's a mistake on our part to let you guys have a little preview of what is coming up in a couple of days.

Originally posted by LewR
That was my point - Some became "Exclusive" before we even knew what it was....LOL Not a problem, I imagine they are part of the support staff, and they should have some privilege.
You're right on: those 3 Exclusive members are Administrators who have been testing the system impending launch!! They need the access to do the job, right?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat

I think it will be especially helpful for all those seriously pursuing domains as a business.

Thats what this forum said to get us to pay in the first place. I thought I had done enough buying Gold -> then upgrading, but now they wont me to pay more otherwise I wont be considered a professional :huh:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy There certainly alot of sections to look at. I personaly never select a particular section to look at. I simply select View New Posts , I read what interests me, then I hit
Mark All Forums Read . The next time I return I hit View New Posts again and only the threads that have had new posts since my last visit appear.

That's exactly the way I surf the forum too. I don't recall ever using the various catgories/sections, using view new posts/then mark all read - 100% of the time. In fact, I don't think I have ever even looked at the section headings.

UrlPortfolio.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Intresting debate so far,

I would personally say that I have had no negative experience in domain dealings through members of this forum, probably due to good practice, and that information to assist rather than an additional tier would be a greater incentive for users to upgrade to platinum.
With regards to 'screened' members, this would only be of use if some trading guarantee was included which would be financial suicide for the owner of the forum.
So what are we left with, an additional tier which already is getting all the new features, a possible price hike in membership fees, increased competition from FREE forums which seem to be growing and multiplying like the plague.
A recipe for non renewl of memberships, i fear, which will ultimately trigger a downward spiral as less people use the forum less will want to, running costs increase so fees increase, less people join etc etc.
From the history of the forum I am aware of I respect the acheivements to date and hope that Adam makes the right decisions in the future, avoiding the mistake mades by so many that the userbase is an unending revenue stream.

I look forward to seeing how the forum progresses over the next few months ;-)

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
Does it really need to be a paid feature though?

Couldn't just the "identity confirmed" user pay a small fee and get a little icon or something on their name?

A token amount of $1.00 may be charged on the credit card to confirm name and address. No one would refuse to pay $1.

M

mole

Originally posted by Whois-Search
All I can say is don't waste your money.

You won't look big buying exclusive just a fool.

PT Barnum? :laugh:

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
Mm. Everytime I turn on my computer, I feel like I may be looking into the bowels of hell. I woke up with a headache this morning. Maybe I'll join the Amish or just become a field-hand somewhere... :)

~ Nexus

Ah - misery LOVES company....LOL - Join the Amish, now THAT is novel.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like they still want us to wait - so we will try back later...sheeesh

M

mole

Well, looks like they still want us to wait - so we will try back later...sheeesh

Reminds us of the landrush, doesn't it :)

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may be even possible that the owner of this forum is looking at all the feedback, and making some adjustments.

That is my positive spin on all of this.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may be even possible that the owner of this forum is looking at all the feedback, and making some adjustments.

That is my positive spin on all of this.
Lew, I believe you are correct!

Throughout this process, Adam has constantly asked for and received input and constructive criticism. And he has for the most part quickly responded to it as well!

We (mods) read everything that is posted, and constantly report back and discuss what is being said. I also know that Adam reads very much of what si posted on DNF as well.

The train is coming..... I can hear the whistle.......... can you feel the tracks vibrating ?

:)
WebCat

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
Lew, I believe you are correct!

Throughout this process, Adam has constantly asked for and received input and constructive criticism. And he has for the most part quickly responded to it as well!

We (mods) read everything that is posted, and constantly report back and discuss what is being said. I also know that Adam reads very much of what si posted on DNF as well.

The train is coming..... I can hear the whistle.......... can you feel the tracks vibrating ?

:)
WebCat

I just want to be sure that the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train....ROFL

Any business person who refines his business to suit his customers will always be successful. Let's hope the newest changes suit the clientele now present and those who are yet to come.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree...I think Adam is doing some last minute thinking based on our feedback...a very good sign of a great leader....

I am praying the train stays on its tracks....it is going through a snow storm at the moment....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom