Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What are exclusive members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Customb
It got moved to Wednesday. Man the suspense. :)
And CustomB, I think you will be very glad to hear why it was moved! (hint hint)!

WebCat :)

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR

I wonder if this is a preperation for the next sale of the forum?

If that were to happen and it was to change hands once again, I'm sure the forum would die a death and another site would arise!

All it would take is someone to recreate what is already here and offer the services in a different manner.

There are over 2000 members which are already sitting on the fence as we speak, they cant post in certain threads and are unable to communicate with the likes of Plat members etc

I'd be thinking of a way to get those guys on board and posting, rather than adding sections which arnt really needed.

Imagine if the costs were:

$5 Silver
$10 Gold
$15 Platinum
$20 Executive

and all members were aloud to post domains for sale but with certain limits depending on what membership they opt for.

I'm sure more members would have joined!

or imagine this:

* Freedom of speech
* Free membership
* Freedom to post into any thread.

and if members wish to contribute towards the running costs etc they could do so via donations. Then it becomes a community run site owned by the people which post there, instead of being told whats going to happen.

I see the date has changed for the "Executive Section" hmmmm

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good way to help competitors for this forum. CONGRATULATIONS domainstate, you will have more members!

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Executive (even if that was a typo) is a MUCH better title than Exclusive....

I will say it again, if the management is listening and refines their process accordingly, then success will follow.

Unfortunately, asking for donations will never raise the funds that the present structure provides. My complaint was not the money - it was the addition of a new level labeled "Exclusive members are fraud screened to ensure safe transactions for all parties. " implying that transactions with Platinum members are less secure. A Gold member does not get that stigma presently.

So the saga continues - and we will find out the winner - right after these commercials.....

LOL

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR
My complaint was not the money - it was the addition of a new level labeled "Exclusive members are fraud screened to ensure safe transactions for all parties. " implying that transactions with Platinum members are less secure

So you've taken the benefits of fraud screening, and made your own meaning out of it. You are the one who is implying, not the forum. Anyone else can see that fraud screening and name ownership history are benefits, especially in large transactions.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tonyk2000
Very good way to help competitors for this forum. CONGRATULATIONS domainstate, you will have more members!

Why? Because we are adding benefiits? :huh:

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with that keeps bad domain dealers away. With that in mind i can see why this is a good idea :)

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

Why? Because we are adding benefiits? :huh:

I think tonyk2000 is trying to say that people would leave DNF if this happens.

Why should someone pay even MORE money when they could get a better service at free forums?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay

I think tonyk2000 is trying to say that people would leave DNF if this happens.

Why should someone pay even MORE money when they could get a better service at free forums?

Why would anyone leave, when NOTHING is being taken away?????

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
Good point. But then the market doesn't lie: More than 500 PAID members have signed up in the past 4 months alone.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This concept of a fraud screening process may be excellent or horrid depending on how it is implimented!

So I will wait untill I see all the details before passing judgement

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Its like paying for water - exclusive is bottled water

If you do not like the business direction, why are you here still?

Are you recruiting members? Hmmmm.... I wonder????

Lighten up dude as you are one fry short of a Happy Meal today.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly....no point trying to guess what will happen. Adam is obviously going over his strategy...I have full faith in him....he wont let us down....and if he does I will leave, lol :wink:

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol one fry short of a happy meal
Anyway whadya say free cookies all round lets celebrate DNForums new idea it could acctually be very helpful in some cases with BIG domains to make sure we dont get riped off ourselves because I know you'd be complaining if you got ripped off from a fraudster! So why not let DNForum do this for us!

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Want fraud screening from DNF? If so, DNF management might want to setup their own escrow and fraud-screen parties as deep as they please. And earn money for each transaction.

Quote:"Platinum and Gold Members will not lose any of their existing features".

Quote2: "Why would anyone leave, when NOTHING is being taken away?????"

I'm sorry, but it is not correct. At least some of said members, especially platinum ones, paid for their ability to share/access full range of forum information on the first place (with natural exception of private staff forum).
If any new discussions/informational forum would not be available to them... So the value of platinum membership is not the same now.
No doubts that this idea will work. Some members will continue to pay for access and ability to share full range of information. Some members enjoy any new icons and will pay for those icons with their name. Some members will pay just because they see others who paid. Some members will start pay more attention to dnstate forums instead.
If the forum needs more money, it might be good idea to create up to dozen of membership levels. Money will come by the same reasons :) And, mainly, do not announce all levels immediately. Announce one after another. I would recommend to announce each next level one-by-one, each time after the forum hired more new staff to pay salaries and/or other expenses.
I am partially kidding, but we know this is the truth.
Truth is that members members will start to pay. Also, members will switch to other places, I just read such a thread in Gold section were UK-based member said goodbye. Truth is that some other community might easily avoid this change (imagine what if nobody pays and all all platinum), but not dnf community.

And the Real winner is what some call "other forum" though.

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People obviously feel pretty strong about this as we're now on the 3rd page.

anyone listening yet?

I think the only reason the Mods are not of the same opinion is due to getting a free ride really, plus they wouldnt want to lose there Modship if they were to have an opinion against such a motion.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Announcement coming today....

power outage and thought process has delayed us.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom