• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What do we actually do? Can you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arbitrage

Not even close.

Arbitrage: In economics and finance, arbitrage is the practice of taking advantage of a price differential between two or more markets: a combination of matching deals are struck that capitalize upon the imbalance, the profit being the difference between the market prices.
 
Domain Acquisition and Asset(the websites which you will develop) Management
 
"Intellectual Property Investments". IPInvestments ( I wonder if thats available - no....as well as a dozen various of the theme....:)
Of course a moment later when the banker asks you what that means and you say that you buy and sell domains.....for a moment the reaction is one of suspicion (cybersquatter, ect.)....then as I begin to explain how it works and how its going they are usually quite surprised and fascinated by it.

The other phrase I use is "Domain Investor" - but almost nothing really sounds "good" until you begin to explain. After a few minutes almost everyone starts to get it.:smilewinkgrin:
 
I like to throw the word media in there somewhere.
 
Intellectual property sales and acquisitions.
 
Speculator in Copyright & Trademark Violations utilizing Typosquatting & Kiting formulas :D j/k
 
I think I like the first reply (maroulis)
 
That's pretty funny. One of my friends calls me "Chandler." You know, Chandler from Friends. . . because nobody actually knew what he did.
 
It's still amazing in this day and age of the internet that the value of domain names still has to be explained to most people. How can anyone who's spent any time on the internet not wonder "how do I buy my own domain name?". And with 2007 having the most domain media attention ever.
 
my favorite line: "but whats a domain name?" lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom