SteveNguyen
Level 1
- Joined
- Apr 11, 2026
- Messages
- 9
- Reaction score
- 9
I recently used YRN.ai as a public learning example.
The initial appeal was clear: three letters, a popular technology extension, and reported registration across roughly 50 TLDs. Public posts also cited an Atom rating of 6.8.[1]
What caught my attention was the appraisal history. One listing reported an Atom estimate of $5,699.
Later posts reported $30,000–$30,500.
I could not retrieve usable estimates from other appraisal tools, so I recorded those checks as incomplete rather than assuming agreement.
I then reviewed three-letter .ai sales. Reported completed sales included:
- ADO.ai $75,000
- DAI.ai $50,000
- ITO.ai $48,000
They looked relevant by length and extension, but each had clearer pronunciation or meaning than YRN. A separate market analysis placed more random three-letter .ai sales around $3,000–$8,000.[6]
I also separated completed sales from asking prices. YRN.ai had been publicly listed with a $1,500 BIN and later an $800 minimum offer.[2][3] Neither figure demonstrated a completed transaction.
The domain history check was limited. RDAP showed a registration date of August 9, 2025, and the Internet Archive returned only one unique successful HTML capture.[7][8] Exact-name searches revealed no obvious reputation issue, but that means only “no negative evidence found in the checks performed,” not “verified clean.”
No single discovery eliminated the domain. What changed my view was the combination of a sharply changing appraisal, imperfect comparable sales, no reported offers at the time, limited history, and the renewal cost required to keep waiting.
My conclusion was not that YRN.ai was good or bad. It was that an attractive appraisal was insufficient to move it from an interesting candidate to a confident acquisition.
Which single check most often changes your acquisition decision after an appraisal gets your attention?
The initial appeal was clear: three letters, a popular technology extension, and reported registration across roughly 50 TLDs. Public posts also cited an Atom rating of 6.8.[1]
What caught my attention was the appraisal history. One listing reported an Atom estimate of $5,699.
Later posts reported $30,000–$30,500.
I could not retrieve usable estimates from other appraisal tools, so I recorded those checks as incomplete rather than assuming agreement.
I then reviewed three-letter .ai sales. Reported completed sales included:
- ADO.ai $75,000
- DAI.ai $50,000
- ITO.ai $48,000
They looked relevant by length and extension, but each had clearer pronunciation or meaning than YRN. A separate market analysis placed more random three-letter .ai sales around $3,000–$8,000.[6]
I also separated completed sales from asking prices. YRN.ai had been publicly listed with a $1,500 BIN and later an $800 minimum offer.[2][3] Neither figure demonstrated a completed transaction.
The domain history check was limited. RDAP showed a registration date of August 9, 2025, and the Internet Archive returned only one unique successful HTML capture.[7][8] Exact-name searches revealed no obvious reputation issue, but that means only “no negative evidence found in the checks performed,” not “verified clean.”
No single discovery eliminated the domain. What changed my view was the combination of a sharply changing appraisal, imperfect comparable sales, no reported offers at the time, limited history, and the renewal cost required to keep waiting.
My conclusion was not that YRN.ai was good or bad. It was that an attractive appraisal was insufficient to move it from an interesting candidate to a confident acquisition.
Which single check most often changes your acquisition decision after an appraisal gets your attention?