Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

info What I Bid On, What It Sold For, & What It Is Now

An informative domain name related thread.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I am searching for domains, I am on the hunt for something that I have an interest in as an end-user myself. Of the hundreds of domain names that piqued my interest, here are two that I lost; why I liked them; what they sold for; and what they are now.

WildLime.com - I was always drawn to keyword+color or color+keyword. Though, this one fell perfectly into being an adjective (wild) and noun (lime). It had everything going for it. I placed my bid and it eventually sold for $478. It's now a fashion e-commerce site.

Standup.tv - I don't particularly like ccTLDs, but I will lean towards a purchase if it's of this caliber. Many people like standup comedy and this would be the perfect name to put that in front of them, first starting as handpicked comedy and perhaps drifting towards private shows with paywalls. It sold for $827 and is now a lander for the OOOOO e-commerce app.

The remaining are still in domain name investor's hands with parking landers. I'll add to this list when they change hands.

What domain auctions have you participated in and where did the domains end up?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RVForums.com - I bid $69, it sold for $89. Now an active forum. I passed because I didn't care for the plural "forums".

LoanMagic.com - Sold for $1618, now owned by a electronic document company.

98% of everything I was outbid on is still for sale.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RVForums.com - I bid $69, it sold for $89. Now an active forum. I passed because I didn't care for the plural "forums".
Nice quick flip. I would have to agree with you on the plural there too. I will only secure the plural if I am the end user behind the forum, just in case there's some accidental type-in traffic being leaked. Looks like the forum is off to a good start; I didn't think that many could talk about RVs so much.

Wishing them luck!
LoanMagic.com - Sold for $1618, now owned by a electronic document company.
Ah, finally something other than dabbling in e-commerce.

Great sale.
98% of everything I was outbid on is still for sale.
I found this to be the case as well after going through several hundred just to come up with two.

Surely they'll change hands, one day or another.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't think that many could talk about RVs so much.
I can think of a half dozen RV forums off the top of my head and social network with thousands of members.

Lot's of boomers and gen-x. RV industry is about 90% made in America.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lot's of boomers and gen-x. RV industry is about 90% made in America.
Unsure if the van life fits in there, but there's even more if it does!

You just have to have the passion to run a forum, and yours seemed to be elsewhere at the time. Perhaps if you owned an RV and hit up a city every day, you would be posting so frequently on that forum that it would exponentially grow.

This reminds me of the "are forums dead?" thread as you can clearly see that RV one isn't, even though it has so few posts. My approach at that would be to hack away half the discussion forums to fill out more evenly and then add them as time passes. However, that's for another conversation!

Thanks for sharing the domains. Feel free to post any more domains when you notice them changing hands in the future.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom