Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

what is .mx rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dkny

hi guys,

I went to nic.com and it points to www.nic.mx but the page is in Spanish. I tried to translate it using google's toolbar, but can't find anywhere telling me about the rules or the registrant's qualification.

do i need to be Mexican or live there to register .com.mx ? Any help is appreciated.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, they don't seem to have any residency requirement. I have some experience in that regard; as the webmaster of a fan site about the Mexican singer Tatiana (www.tatiana.info), I noticed when one of her CDs came out last year that they misprinted her official site URL; the real address was www.tatilandia.com, but the record company put www.tatilandia.com.mx by mistake, and that domain was unregistered. So I went to nic.mx and registered it myself, pointing it to a page linking to both the official site and my fan site. Fortunately, rather than suing me for cybersquatting, she reimbursed me for the cost of registration, and I transferred ownership to her (it was never my intent to take the name from her, just to keep other cybersquatters from getting it, and to let her fans get somewhere useful if they typed the address from the CD cover). I'm still the tech contact, and it still goes to a page linking to both sites, since she liked it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom