Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the Best Service for Grabbing a Domain that Expires ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain19

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the best, and most reliable, service to use to grab an expiring domain?

I'm familiar with:

www.SnapNames.com

and

www.ExpireFish.com

I've heard once that these sites are not 100% reliable though - appearently they check the domains regularly, but people are sometimes able to beat them by registering it before the expire-services' automated registry program.

I really want this domain so I'm willing to pay the $69 - $75 fee - but I want a service that will very likely grab it, and register it for me when and if it becomes available.

Also, if I go with expirefish.com , how do I know someone else isn't trying the same thing with snapnames.com or some other expire-and-grab-domain service?

Which one has the best proven track record?

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there really is no "best" service. It's really luck of the draw. There are a lot of people competing for expiring domains. If you really want the domain you should try to register with as many of the drop services as possible, not just one.

snapnames
dropwizard
namefox
nicgenie
expirefish
dropcatcher
domainwish

domain19

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
These two services do not seem very helpful at all.

www.namewinner.com
www.nicgenie.com

I tried to find out what their prices are.

It seems that with namewinner, I pay $25 - Start an auction - Person number two that wants domain has same idea - Sees it is already started as auction - Joins it and bids.

nicgenie seems to be the same concept.

As soon as i put in a bid for $25, it's going to go in their public list of expiring domains - "Search through our list of expiring domains"

These are supposed to be SEARCH and GRAB. Instead, these start an bidding AUCTION.

Why in the world would I want to publicize a domain that I want and invite the world to auction on it?

Is there simply a service that will Search and Grab, and charge me when they get it? Last thing I want to do is start a public auction. If this is the case, it might be best to remain silent on this domain and just wait for it to expire.

Is this correct that these are Auctions, not private search and grab?

What is dropwizzard? It seems they charge $120. Is that private search and grab?

The phrase "only pay on Success" seems to coincide with any auction. On eBay for example, you only pay if you are the highest sucessful bidder.

I'm not looking for an auction. I'm looking to be the very first one to register a domain when and if it expires and becomes publicly available.

If there's not a service that does this, I'm probably better off watching it carefully each day after the expiration date and just grab when it's released.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domain is snapped at snapnames.com, then people already know about it. So start bidding!.

RMF

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is dropwizzard? It seems they charge $120. Is that private search and grab?

by your concept that is exactly what it is. We do not post domains that people have ordered. And only accept one order per domain at dropwizard.

domain19

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin
We do not post domains that people have ordered. And only accept one order per domain at dropwizard.
Thank you very much, that's very helpful. Is dropwizzard the only service that does this?

nameowner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
there really is no "best" service. It's really luck of the draw. There are a lot of people competing for expiring domains. If you really want the domain you should try to register with as many of the drop services as possible, not just one.

snapnames
dropwizard
namefox
nicgenie
expirefish
dropcatcher
domainwish

What is domainwash? (its URL?)
Please tell me, thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameowner

What is domainwash? (its URL?)
Please tell me, thanks

Its http://www.dotregistrar.com , I have used it for maybe 1,5 months and nothing form there, but I have only used it for high profile names, that hvae snap and bid over $200 in namewinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators