Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What it does mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Received this mail today in the morning .

------------------------------------------------

Dear Viktor

The impending launch of new gTLDs has led Pool.com to refocus its business away from an emphasis on the secondary market and to a broader range of on-going services. As a result, we will be shutting down a number of our registrar threads effective January 10, 2013. This will have an effect on some of your domains acquired through Pool.com (a list of names is included below).

The names that Pool.com caught for you in the Drop using the registrars we are shutting down are managed through your account at Namescout.com. Pool.com had asked ICANN that we be allowed to transfer these domains to Namescout.comat no cost to you in order to preserve the ability for your management of those names through the single Namescout.cominterface.

ICANN has so far denied our request. As a result, you have the following two options with regards to your domains provided they are older than 60 days:

1. Login to your Namescout.com account and submit a “Renew Now” order for each of the names listed below.Namescout.com is offering 1 year renewals at a significant discount which will be applied automatically upon checkout. (com, org, info are $9.50, net $7.85 and mobi $15.00) This renewal will also transfer your domain toNamescout.com as the Registrar of record such that you will be able to continue to manage them through the current interface without any changes.

1. Submit a routine transfer through your preferred registrar.

If you choose neither of these options in the next few days, ICANN will take steps to allocate the domains in inventory to another registrar through a public bid process. We cannot predict which registrar they will choose; if all your names will end up in a single registrar; or, whether there will be an interruption in your ability to manage your names while ICANN conducts this process.

Pool.com and Namescout.com are committed to working with you to ensure smooth, orderly and uninterrupted operation of your domains. Contact [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Yours truly,

Richard Schreier
CEO, Pool.com

Affected Domains: .....

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sounds like pool is getting out of the domain catching business. either transfer out your domains or renew them through namescout which will automatically transfer the domains from the various registrars they used to catch domains to namescout.com registrar.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but why do I have to renew it by myself for my money?
I've paid $60 for the domains that the pool.com caught for me. And more than $60 if the domains went to auctions.

Now the pool.com has some problem with ICANN and everyone of us have to pay for it ? :)

I can agree with situation for the domains that will expire in January or February but why do I have to renew domains that will expire in May, July,August,September,October and November ?

I think that the pool.com need to renew all domains what they caught for us .

Or did I miss something ?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this really an issue? Transferring them adds another year to the registration, which you would likely be doing at some point anyway (unless you are flipping them quickly).

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this really an issue? Transferring them adds another year to the registration, which you would likely be doing at some point anyway (unless you are flipping them quickly).

1,000 x reg fee = an issue

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that would be.

Of course, if OP is maintaining 1000 domains caught by pool, that raises some other really good questions...

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what I got from receiving party.

Error: The registry rejected the transfer request due to an ineligible domain status. Error: Domain locked

At the same time all of my domains at the namescout.com have the same status - UNLOCKED .

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, but why do I have to renew it by myself for my money?
I've paid $60 for the domains that the pool.com caught for me. And more than $60 if the domains went to auctions.

Now the pool.com has some problem with ICANN and everyone of us have to pay for it ? :)

I can agree with situation for the domains that will expire in January or February but why do I have to renew domains that will expire in May, July,August,September,October and November ?

I think that the pool.com need to renew all domains what they caught for us .

Or did I miss something ?
well you could do nothing and ICANN would allocate the domains to another registrar at no charge to you. that can be a bit of a pain though as they are typically moved to never heard of EU registrars (from previous experience anyways).

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that would be.

Of course, if OP is maintaining 1000 domains caught by pool, that raises some other really good questions...

I know of a handful of people who catch LOADS of domains. My only point was.. unexpected expenses SUCK.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know of a handful of people who catch LOADS of domains. My only point was.. unexpected expenses SUCK.

1.unexpected expenses.
2.unexpected waste of time.
3.unexpected nervous because of entries number 1 and 2 and 4.
4. Me - All domains were UNLOCKED before the transfer process was initiated .
Richard - They showed unlocked in the Namescout interface but were actually locked at the registry.
5. No chance to talk with the namescout.com support because their phone line is unavailable because of maintenance .

Looks like it is some kind of HOLIDAYS GIFT :) Thank you so much :)

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the same error, the problem is Namescout takes awhile to update status at the registry. I tried again today and got most to work.
This is what I got from receiving party.Error: The registry rejected the transfer request due to an ineligible domain status. Error: Domain locked At the same time all of my domains at the namescout.com have the same status - UNLOCKED .

LLLL.COM

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good news. Now Pool.com will not place his arms to domains. There is a bad and unfriendly support. It's very big troubles to send a fax for each domain, always needed to send more then 1 fax. Last month their fax usually not work and I needed waste many time to get any domain.
Yesterday successfully started domain transfers from Pool.
I hope I will never hear about them anymore and I will not have with them the works.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good news. Now Pool.com will not place his arms to domains. There is a bad and unfriendly support. It's very big troubles to send a fax for each domain, always needed to send more then 1 fax. Last month their fax usually not work and I needed waste many time to get any domain.
Yesterday successfully started domain transfers from Pool.
I hope I will never hear about them anymore and I will not have with them the works.

Don't know.
The Pool.com support is very friendly. Especially Jamie . Never had any problems . The verification was needed only once , when new card was placed into profile.
I'd said this is the best support I've ever had . Not all support deserves such words. I can say the same only about Theresa from the snapnames.com .

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! :)

LLLL.COM

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't know.
The Pool.com support is very friendly. Especially Jamie . Never had any problems . The verification was needed only once , when new card was placed into profile.
I'd said this is the best support I've ever had . Not all support deserves such words. I can say the same only about Theresa from the snapnames.com .
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! :)
They require me to verify my data every time when I buy any domain from Pool. So, I think is bad.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Complaining to the BBB is one step. In situations like this, I have found a letter to the state's attorney general (whichever state they are incorporated in) to be a much more persuasive way to make a case and get some action from the other party. Make sure you cc Pool in that letter.

Who would you fear more?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Rocket, Pool.com Inc is a Canadian company, so that approach might be different.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've initiated transfer process for all of my domains from namescout.com except four of them.
So I'm absolutely sure that these four domains that I cannot transfer from the namescout.com because of 60 days limit , must be renewed by the pool.com .
I've sent an email to Richard Schreier <[email protected]> and asked him to renew these four of my domains . Waiting for response ... :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a little different, but the principle is the same. I imagine there is a comparable office that would have jurisdiction over them.

And I don't think it would be a waste of time to include your state's attorney general in this. After all, Pool operates in the US and must abide by US law when dealing with US customers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've sent an email to Richard Schreier <[email protected]> and asked him to renew these four of my domains . Waiting for response ... :)

Good luck with that. It was the CEO who made the stupid decision to disregard all locked down domain owners, you think he'd pay for renewals out of his pocket?

But every action has an effect. Make sure you file that complaint. I can't imagine what would happen if someone caught domains with Pool in the thousands of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom