Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What should I do? What will you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently got an offer of over $4000 for one of my domains from a chairman/founder of a very reputable site.

I accepted the offer without any question or counter offers. Now the person failed to respond to my emails for over past 2 days.

What should I do? What will you do in similar situation? I had had such situations about 3 times over past few weeks.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was in your situation several times.

In my experience if he only accepted your price with words on a mail (without a contract) you can't do nothing if he don't reply you no more.

You can try to resend other mails and move on if nothing will happen.

This is the reason because I ALWAYS make my endusers bid on Sedo.

I don't give a dime if they said "sold" with a mail, I want a legal offer.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, sedo offer will be much better than normal mail offers. The person seems to run a million dollar business as far as I can see. I thought such person would keep their words. I don't know now.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, sedo offer will be much better than normal mail offers. The person seems to run a million dollar business as far as I can see. I thought such person would keep their words. I don't know now.

2 days are not a big delay if that guy is out of town for work.

Just wait another 2/3 days and write him again.

If he not reply you move on.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I will wait and see.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Carter. You are always helpful.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me more times than I can count, from millionaire domainer's to end users. Some people will pay, some won't. Wealthier people, I have found tend to operate on their own time, they are never in a rush. The thing you never know is their intent. I noticed a few times dealing with some people I was ready to cancel the deal because it took too long and for them it was normal. I would wait it out but send him another email that states you will accept the first offer in your price range, your deal with him should not be exclusive as to ruin your reputation should you sell and or lose other opportunities to sell to other parties should they be willing to move quicker.

Option B: Send him another email stating he has until xx/xx/09 to purcahse the domain or you will no longer honor your acceptance of sale. With this method you risk losing the sale entirely.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently got an offer of over $4000 for one of my domains from a chairman/founder of a very reputable site.

I accepted the offer without any question or counter offers. Now the person failed to respond to my emails for over past 2 days.

What should I do? What will you do in similar situation? I had had such situations about 3 times over past few weeks.

unless this was a posted BIN price then....

he/they/she... may have "seconded-guessed" their offer, since you were so quick to agree.

they may come back later with some lame "lower amount" because of some lame "financial" situation that came up unexpectedly.

In my experience if he only accepted your price with words on a mail (without a contract) you can't do nothing if he don't reply you no more.

i agree with sending them to sedo to place the offered amount.

i've done a lot of blind sales this way.

and to expedite the transactions, if necessary....i'll explain the process and set-up a "same-registrar" account for them if needed.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait it out.

If it is indeed a reputable firm and person, they should respond.

Otherwise, I would question if they are truly a reputable firm.

Integrity is the number one ingredient lacking in all business. Just because this is not business face to face people must thing that they don't have to act honorably and with integrity.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 days is not long enough wait to start worrying or complaining to anyone.

Maybe in a few days call them to "follow up" on the sale.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

In 2007, 70% of my sedo "sold" were not paid.

2008 was better.

Already this year, 33% not paid for at Sedo.

Sedo enforces nothing. A person making an offer via PM, email, or through Sedo makes no difference. If the person backs out, they back out. No one is held accountable or responsible. It gets back to the integrity issue I mention.

Sedo is not some magical wave of the fairy wand to grant your three wishes and all your dreams will come true.

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is, you eagerly accepted so quickly. In his mind, he is probably thinking, "maybe my offer was better than he expected it to be." or " Maybe my offer was too generous, which is why he accepted so quickly".

There is a game involved, even though not many like to admit it. In situations like this, try telling him you need time to consider his offer.

What I would do is just end negotiations. Just leave it at that. Ive done that before, and it has worked.

Situations like this suck! Best of luck though.

JamesDavid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I have done in the past is this. I had a offer about the same price for a domain from a wealthy company owner like yourself. After not hearing from him for a week I 'started" developing a real site. When he saw a nice logo and the under construction wording he contacted me to verify we still had a sale and I didnt sell it to someone else. Paid within 2 hours after that....

People hate the idea of losing something....

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is, you eagerly accepted so quickly. In his mind, he is probably thinking, "maybe my offer was better than he expected it to be." or " Maybe my offer was too generous, which is why he accepted so quickly".

There is a game involved, even though not many like to admit it. In situations like this, try telling him you need time to consider his offer.

What I would do is just end negotiations. Just leave it at that. Ive done that before, and it has worked.

Situations like this suck! Best of luck though.

I think that might be a problem as I accepted the offer within hours of his offer. I should have taken a bit more time. But I lost a few domain sales in the past due to such delays.

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that might be a problem as I accepted the offer within hours of his offer. I should have taken a bit more time. But I lost a few domain sales in the past due to such delays.

It's totally understandable, and I've made that mistake myself. It's tough, especially when you need the money and really want the deal to happen.

Like I said, FOR ME just ending talks has been magic for resurrecting interest from the buyer. I'm definitely not the authority though.

Best of luck.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All this crap of you accepted too soon is just that, crap.

There is no use in trying to second guess someone or act like we know what they are thinking.

Again, integrity.

If the person is not the outstanding citizen he or you claim he is, then that says volumes about someones integrity.

If this turns out to go bad, then post the person's name and lets see how reputable they appear.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I called him today and talked about the domain. He asked me to wait one or two more days and he said the transaction may start before Easter.

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All this crap of you accepted too soon is just that, crap.

There is no use in trying to second guess someone or act like we know what they are thinking.

Again, integrity.

If the person is not the outstanding citizen he or you claim he is, then that says volumes about someones integrity.

If this turns out to go bad, then post the person's name and lets see how reputable they appear.

I'm not even going to get into a pissing match of who has more experience selling to end users, because I would make you look silly.

I gave my opinion, why be disrespectful?

I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom