• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What stage of domaining history are we on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
1
Do you think we are still in the early stage, or close to the middle stage or beginning of the late stage? :grouphug:
 
I think number 2 "close to the middle stage." It has been started for a while and I still think there is quite a lot of more time ahead so that is why I chose number 2.

1. still in the early stage
2. close to the middle stage
3. beginning of the late stage
 
what a strange topic...

How about this, what stage of human history are we on?
 
I think he means as an "industry" or "profession" is domaining in the early/infancy stage or the mature stage.

I believe it is in the early/infancy stage. Especially considering that carpentry is about a 4,000 year old profession.
 
We are about 10 years old....old enou...gh to piss too young to call the shots.
 
Beginning stage, the internet hasnt been around for very long
 
Top of the first inning...one out. This is the Big One and everyone on this board right now is in on the ground floor. Those who wish they were around in the mid-90's are missing the whole point. This is actually day one...back then it was much more of a long-shot and nobody really knew what would happen.

Remember all the B to B and B to C talk? Whatever. Nobody had a clue. Bill Gates even wrote a book in 1994 that didn't even mention the Internet...he had to send out the changes in a revised edition when it hit him.

Million-Dollar names have been hand-regged in the last six years. Up until a few years ago Renewal Fees were quite high and if you didn't develop your names that could add up pretty quickly....with no PPC. It isn't that easy to register 500 names at $70 per year and renew every year. Only a few people did that and they ALL have stories about the one that got away.

I didn't buy my first name until June of 2005, and it might not ever have happened if I didn't stumble into it. I'm a quick learner though. If you explain this business to 20 intelligent people not a single one of them will take the ball and run with it....most prefer to work for someone else and be told what to do.

If you put in about 24 months acquiring the best names you can possibly get then you should be able to manage that list and live off of it for a long time. However, if you believe that all of the good ones are taken, or you feel you are priced out of the great names, and therefore chase a bunch of meaningless names in third-rate extentions, then you will have to change your User Name in a few years when you realize that you missed the Golden Opportunity yet again.

The time is RIGHT NOW.
 
first stage, as long as big boys making $$$$$ this gonna stay and i think there is still years to come and dollars to be made and spent.

also keep in mind, cheapest way for advertising and to be known
 
It depends if .com is the highest order ext; with the money invested in it I can't imagine that changing, It also depends on how long it takes the many to turn to the few, People are looking a domains as more of and investment now and are trying to buy up as many as they can, almost entirely for the ad revenue. Since there will always be new companies forming new movies, technology etc... there's always a market for names no matter how ridiculous they may be. I would say we are at the middle end, where it will stay for a long time. For the US we are Between 2 and 3 maybe; European countries, Australia are close behind. But for most of the rest of the world they are still at 1, that's where the big profits can be made now with little investment. I think I saw a guy today selling poker.kg, some country still in stage one, I mean really would you expect to come across anyone now selling poker.com?
 
Short of another great depression there is only one way to go - UP.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom