• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sites (registrars, whois, or monitoring tools) did you use to check it?
 
whois.sc
whois-search.com

I dont know of many others that offer anything special...as I dont look for contact info from domains very often.

Any other resources you can provide would be appreciated.
 
fryman04 said:
At least they aren't forwarding it to some gay porn actor's website :laugh:

That is what I would have done.
 
Can't you email DomainsByProxy and they will tell you who owns it?

I thought you could.
 
GT Web said:
whois.sc
whois-search.com

Others have experienced the same thing when searching for available names using whois.sc.

http://www.dnforum.com/f31/nameview-others-massive-registration-thread-97118.html?highlight=whois.sc

It is also possible that some results of searched names that don't get registered also show up as suggestions on other registrars sites in the "You might also like..." lists of available names to register. As a tip, I would not use the tools mentioned above unless you know the name is already registered. Keep in mind that whois.sc is owned by "Name Intelligence" and that they save / archive all searches for domains. This is a competitive industry but sorry to hear your personal name was registered.
 
I would'nt be able to sleep at night...knowing someone had my exact birth name in .com and that's the primary business I am in and all (domains)...that totally sucks dude..hope you can maybe buy it from him/her or something...
 
Why would I buy it?

I didn't think spending $8 to register it would have been a good investment, so why would I spent money trying to buy it?

NameYourself said:
Others have experienced the same thing when searching for available names using whois.sc.

http://www.dnforum.com/f31/nameview-others-massive-registration-thread-97118.html?highlight=whois.sc

It is also possible that some results of searched names that don't get registered also show up as suggestions on other registrars sites in the "You might also like..." lists of available names to register. As a tip, I would not use the tools mentioned above unless you know the name is already registered. Keep in mind that whois.sc is owned by "Name Intelligence" and that they save / archive all searches for domains. This is a competitive industry but sorry to hear your personal name was registered.


Hmm, that's possible, but I think I only used whois.sc after I found out it was registered. I can't remember what other places I had used to check its availability, but I hadn't checked it for a couple months until yesterday
 
GT Web said:
Hmm, that's possible, but I think I only used whois.sc after I found out it was registered. I can't remember what other places I had used to check its availability, but I hadn't checked it for a couple months until yesterday

As a rule of thumb for future reference and to anyone else just *thinking* about and checking the same name over and over again, reg it or forget it.

A similar thing just happened to a friend of mine wanting to register a very odd name that also included his name in it. He searched it and a few days later it was registered to someone else. In that particular case though, the other person who registered it really did have the same name and used it for a site, still the rule applies: reg it or forget it.. if i keep saying it maybe it'll become a new industry catch phrase :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom