• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
6,459
Reaction score
3
I had been monitoring my name's domain name (danielsitar.com) for a while now.

I wasn't really going to register it, but I had considered it from time to time.

Now I see its been registered (on Jan 6th, 2006) by DomainsByProxy.com :angry:

Now I'm trying to figure out, why would anyone register my name, its very rare and although its pointed GoldKey right now...but I doubt its getting any traffic.

Grrrrrr....
 
At least they aren't forwarding it to some gay porn actor's website :laugh:
 
You should have bought it when you have the chance.. Even so, I wouldn't suggest offering them anything for it right now. Wait a bit because it will be obvious that you want it if you jump on it.
 
I never really had a use for it...

I guess I should have reg'd it just for fun...but I thought to myself, who the heck would register my name? If you Google it, there are only two results, me and a doctor from Manitoba...

007 - that is a great signature, very innovative :-)
 
hmmm... someone got your birth name it seems, that's a shame if you could have had it, who would'nt register their own name given the chance?..I hope they don't do anything crazy with it!

GiantDomains said:
GT, you know better, that's a newbie mistake...
^ I agree with Giant on this one, surely a newbie thing to do..
 
Was'nt me :shy:
 
LMFAO Mocus. Il bet all my coins that it was you.
 
I have Mocus.com! lol amongst others....

fryman04 said:
At least they aren't forwarding it to some gay porn actor's website :laugh:

That would be soooooooooo funny...LMAO
 
Umm, it's not really a big deal.

As I said, I had the chance to register it and decided it wasn't worth it, just kinda funny someone wasted $8 on it
 
yeah but now some 1 owns you..
 
umm, no they (now assuming this person is you) don't, its a domain name, not real life, sometimes we domainers might get confused about that
 
GT Web said:
umm, no they (now assuming this person is you) don't, its a domain name, not real life, sometimes we domainers might get confused about that


Ever hand out a business card to a girl with [email protected] or something.. They will think soooo highly of you.... Take it from me.. I know lol
 
My name was registered by a fellow German domainer a while ago. When I contacted him he said he would not be interested in selling it. He has been directing the domain to a zero-content page with lots of affiliate links for a long time now. I will sue him for the domain when I have got time to do that, because he has no right to use the domain. Well, at least I have dodo1.com & .de... :-)
 
Anyway to find out who the owner is, its through DomainsByProxy.com and from what I know the point of that service is to not allow anyone else to find out who owns it...
 
lol :-)

I love the pistachio nuts in the header...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom