Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What Was I Thinking When I Signed Up With GoDaddy Cash Parking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure what was I thinking when I thought GoDaddy could probably be worth a try with their Cash Parking program. There was no problem during the first 8 days. The next day I found that revenue of mid $xxx and many domains were missing from my Cash Parking management interface with zero notice. I have to contact support which in turn told me to email [email protected] directly as it is not under their department. The following is the canned response I receive:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

During a recent review of the traffic to domains in your Cash Parking account, there were some domains that were found to be associated with activities that cause Google to stop all pending and future Cash Parking Revenues for the affected domains. As a result, the affected domains have been or are being moved out of your Cash Parking account. This means that since GoDaddy will not be receiving revenue for the traffic to these domains, there will be no payments made to you for the same domains.

In order to prevent this problem from spreading to any more of your domains, please be aware of a few things. If problems persist and/or spread to your other domains, the entire Cash Parking account may be subject to cancellation.

These determinations are not made based on the amount of traffic that comes to your domains. The amount of impressions to your domain(s) is not a determining factor by GoDaddy or Google.
It is not permitted for you to routinely click on your own links in the Cash Parking system.
GoDaddy Cash Parking is designed to share the revenue generated on domains based on the following types of traffic only.

1. Accidental Traffic. This is traffic representing mistypes, etc.

2. Residual Traffic. This is for domains previously associated with an actual site, or that have undergone a change of ownership.

GoDaddy Cash Parking does not allow the intentional generation of traffic to your domains. This includes advertising, etc. Our Abuse department can clarify this with you if you need further information. (Please refer to our Cash Parking Service Agreement at (http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/legal_agreements/show_doc.asp?pageid=Cash_Park_SA for more information)

The most common problem leading to a determination such as this is the Click Through Rate (CTR), or the percentage of clicks vs. total impressions to your domain. This is a fairly accurate way to determine if the behavior of the impressions to your domain is consistent with what Google would determine as “natural behavior”. We find that natural human traffic will result in Click Through Rates (CTR) of no more than 40% on sites with more than 1 or 2 visitors. CTR’s significantly or consistently higher than that are usually indicative of incentivised clicks, click groups, or software programs designed to simulate click traffic."

This is the first time I am so shocked and pissed with any parking program. What a load of BS. I have been parking with other parking companies that also have the Google feed
such as NameDrive, Sedo for a few years. This is the first time in my years of parking that I am accused of clicking of my own links. I have no need to earn that extra cents as the domains can easily earn $x,xxx at any parking company with the type-in traffic.

ALL of my domains are type-ins except maybe some traffic from search engines such as Google, which I have no control of. Be careful if you are parking with GoDaddy Cash Parking and have a CTR of more than 40% on your domains. Because according to GoDaddy's findings, it is simply impossible that you can have CTR higher than that. GoDaddy can take away your revenue at anytime.

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ALL of my domains are type-ins except maybe some traffic from search engines such as Google, which I have no control of. Be careful if you are parking with GoDaddy Cash Parking and have a CTR of more than 40% on your domains. Because according to GoDaddy's findings, it is simply impossible that you can have CTR higher than that. GoDaddy can take away your revenue at anytime.

Also you paid to signup for that parking program, didn't you? They should close some of their services such as Backordering and Parking, which they can't compete with other bigwigs.

Platinum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also you paid to signup for that parking program, didn't you? They should close some of their services such as Backordering and Parking, which they can't compete with other bigwigs.
Yes I paid a monthly fee for the parking program.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
parked.com is the answer if you have decent traffic

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree. I had cashparking at godaddy for a total of one year until i realized they were ripping me off and taking my profits. Parked.com is excellent -- It's free and doesn't take a bite out of your profits. Not to mention their customer support is excellent. Always respond in a timely manner.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
see my PM

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
once again NODADDY.com !!!

Parked are good for parking, although you are better getting it working FOR you! :yes:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I have not considered godaddy for parking...but if a service pays multiple clicks...the CTR goes up.

I have a few generic dictionary words that have a 80%+ CTR rate...so I have no idea how they can make a judgement on traffic not being authentic over 40%.

charrisg

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we spoke for go daddy lot of times...it Sucks

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure what was I thinking when I thought GoDaddy could probably be worth a try with their Cash Parking program.

The answer is quite simple, you weren't thinking. :)

I tend to stay away from any paid parking (where you pay to park your pages). The parking companies are already making money off of your clicks and it costs them very little to park a domain, so why should they charge you to park (unless it is a specialized program, like BANS).

I'd rather self-park my pages (3-10 pages of content, with good ad placement) than pay for a parking program.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is really a shame because godaddy has the resources to basically run the show with parking.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've actually had a decent experience with godaddy parking. I have tried out other services, Parked, NameDrive, Sedo, Fabulous, and with some of my domains, namely the NNNNN.com's, it does the best at converting all the Chinese traffic into clicks and paying well for it.

replic8te

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ill join the minority with rkb on this one, Ive had a good overall experience with cashparking despite their serious lack of tools and insightful reporting - parked definitely takes the cake there.

I have some typos that get up to 100% ctr on decent KW's but the traffic has been low >25 UV/pd.

Despite having t pay for Cashparking - they are the only parking program (that I know of) that openly publishes the revenue share.

I only wish cashparking had some of the flexibility, tools and reporting like parked - that would be sweet.

my 1 cent CDN

gobrightwork

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll also join the minority on this one. Godaddy pays me 80% of the PPC revenue. My guess is Parked pays 30% (based on my Godaddy experience). Problem is, Parked is a better setup. If GoDaddy would put together a system like Parked but keep the transarency, they'd have a winner. Of course, Parked could just start paying what Godaddy does and they'd be a winner.

teguh123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've actually had a decent experience with godaddy parking. I have tried out other services, Parked, NameDrive, Sedo, Fabulous, and with some of my domains, namely the NNNNN.com's, it does the best at converting all the Chinese traffic into clicks and paying well for it.

Let me try to understand. Godaddy convert chinese traffic?

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, do you know about some other parking company offering these days same services as parked.com used to ?
I mean higher revenue and google feed.
Sedo is paying very little.

thx

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try DomainNameSales.com

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is domainnamesales.com parking company ? For me it seemed like reselling website of the domains already owned by frank schilling.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is domainnamesales.com parking company ? For me it seemed like reselling website of the domains already owned by frank schilling.
It's for third parties too. You can park your domains with his InternetTraffic.com service and they will be listed on DomainNameSales.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators