Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What would you like to see added to dnforum in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
mole is a .info fan :-D

Mole must be a genuis if he can somehow get any traffic going to a biz or info name, I sure can't get any no matter how much hard work and time goes into it, and regardless of how really good the info name is :disappoin

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Mole must be a genuis if he can somehow get any traffic going to a biz or info name, I sure can't get any no matter how much hard work and time goes into it, and regardless of how really good the info name is :disappoin
i started get 10 uniques a day on my last .info which i sold, and i didnt really even advertise it too much. ;)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
Trader ratings
Intuitive search capability
Both done! One character minimum for searches.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
love the updates you have done so far...

trader ratings
search upgrade
and bringing the chat room back to life

GREAT!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Mole must be a genuis if he can somehow get any traffic going to a biz or info name

Buy a .COM and redirect it to your .BIZ or .INFO site :cheeky:

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I'd like to see is something real simple, yet so convenient:

Whenever we perform a Search and there's no results, we get 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms'. And then we need to hit the browser's 'BACK' button to go back to 'SEARCH' if we want to do more searches.
Can either a 'back to search' link be put next to/under the 'Sorry - no matches' text, or otherwise, can the 'User CP / Membership Upgrade / Buy F$ / Today's Posts / Search / Quick Links / Auction System / Rewards Store / Online Games' bar be shown on the 'Sorry - no matches' page?

Provide And Prosper!
Rob

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HeavyLifting said:
hack the board so that when you click on SEND PM from a thread, you pass the thread title as the PM title. in nearly every case, the PM would be in reference to the thread. i would find that handy.

love this idea, if it's possible

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyLifting said:
hack the board so that when you click on SEND PM from a thread, you pass the thread title as the PM title. in nearly every case, the PM would be in reference to the thread. i would find that handy.

Great recommendation! I hope they can do this!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have now added "Please click Here to try again." on the serach page if you get no results.

-=DCG=-

Prosperous said:
What I'd like to see is something real simple, yet so convenient:

Whenever we perform a Search and there's no results, we get 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms'. And then we need to hit the browser's 'BACK' button to go back to 'SEARCH' if we want to do more searches.
Can either a 'back to search' link be put next to/under the 'Sorry - no matches' text, or otherwise, can the 'User CP / Membership Upgrade / Buy F$ / Today's Posts / Search / Quick Links / Auction System / Rewards Store / Online Games' bar be shown on the 'Sorry - no matches' page?

Provide And Prosper!
Rob

I

impactadmin

Hi,

We have added this feature to the forum.
If you click on "SEND PM" at the bottom of a post, it will now take the thread title and add it to the subject line of your PM.

Huseyin

HeavyLifting said:
outlaw misleading thread titles and allow flagging of misleading threads.

.com only category.

ALSO...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone have a tutorial on he trader system? :)
I dont know how to use it.
Does it apply to all the previous trades done as well??

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyLifting said:

Same for trader ratings -- populate the thread source when you click trader ratings from a thread.

Also, when submitting trader ratings, the board sends a PM on your behalf. I always submit trader rating right before sending a PM to the buyer/seller. However, the system won't let you send but 1 PM every 30 seconds, which means I have to sit and count to 30 before sending the PM. Can this trader rating PM not "count" against your quota, so that another PM can be sent immediately thereafter? Not sure if that makes sense... it's just a little annoyance, but if it's fixable, that would be great.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
Same for trader ratings -- populate the thread source when you click trader ratings from a thread.

Also, when submitting trader ratings, the board sends a PM on your behalf. I always submit trader rating right before sending a PM to the buyer/seller. However, the system won't let you send but 1 PM every 30 seconds, which means I have to sit and count to 30 before sending the PM. Can this trader rating PM not "count" against your quota, so that another PM can be sent immediately thereafter? Not sure if that makes sense... it's just a little annoyance, but if it's fixable, that would be great.

Looking into all this.

Will update early next week.

Best wishes!

-=DCG=-

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just at the Digichat site http://www.digichat.com , now in Version 5. The improvements to the chat interphase are amazing!! I would really like to see a chat facility of this quality for DNF members in 2005 to really enjoy themselves in luxury. Not that the current chat facility above this page is lousy or anything, just very so-so. Maybe this could be an added benefit for exclusive members to talk business.

And its not that expensive if you host it with them, about a crap $99 a month for 100 simul-members. And for a year, that's one crap domains you get at the drops today, don't even talk about the 2nd tier domains.

Call it the First Class Lounge :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom