Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What would you like to see added to dnforum in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Looks great already! thanks for the nice new features.

PS User banana needs some neg feedback to complete the test :-D

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great work Adam!

Excellent additions to the forum today.

There was a recent thread which was started by Fryman04 in the “Suggestions and Feedback” category entitled “Better Every Day!” In the thread, Fryman made the following comment: “[Adding a useful new feature to the DNforum] only shows that the people that run this site are always looking for ways to improve it.”

I would echo that sentiment, and add that by initiating this thread in order to
actively seek member input, and then quickly acting on implementing the suggestions, the staff is exhibiting a level of commitment to the forum and its members that is exemplary.

Well done, everyone.

I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to proffer for your consideration. I understand that not all suggestions can be implemented, and that each person has his or her own viewpoint, but I would like to proffer the following for consideration:

1) If possible, please increase the private message capacity.

2) Please consider discontinuing free invites, particularly to the Exclusive level. The price jump from Platinum to Exclusive is quite significant and I do not think current members are best served with free Exclusive invites being distributed.

I think a good alternative would be to offer upgrade discounts to current members on a regular basis -- a discount that would allow any current member to upgrade to a higher membership level.

I certainly understand the objective of trying to bring in more members; it is a sound idea. I just think that some adjustments need to be made to the current strategy.

Invites that offer a discount instead of a free entry is one possibility.

And if free invites are distributed, perhaps they can be limited to the gold level; once new members have a chance to peruse the forum, some will certainly want to upgrade to a higher membership level.

But regardless of the new strategy that is implemented, I think that current members should be given “the best deal” with respect to upgrading. They are in our community working to make DNforum a great place, and they deserve that benefit.

Certainly continue to bring in new members, but please take care of current members first. I think that is not only the fairest thing to do, but will also contribute to the esprit de corps of the forum.

Thank you.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree on the invitation limitation to platinum level, i was invited as gold and paid to upgrade to platinum because i liked this forum so much, perhaps it could work out like this:
Exclusive: Use invite to earn some DNF$
Platinum: Invite (same level) or Upgrade (Exclusive).
Gold members: Invite new Gold members.
Silver and below: have a upgrade invite to upgrade to gold.

I know it looks really messy, but that would really stop very high level memberships that have costed $400 to some to be distributed for Free to others.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A bunch of meetings. Lets have some events in the different states so we can have an excuse to meet one another face to face.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amazing stuff!!!
whooaaaaaaa!!!

I'll try to access the forum from my mobile using WAP!!!
Thats incredible!

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i guess maybe the exclusives invite member to be platinium. this will make exclusive looks more valuable.

And thanks. the trading rating hack is nice.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great going Adam! Very impressed!! :-D

Love the new stuff you have added or brought back!

Also as others have said it would be good to see DNF add lots of neat domain tools. make DNF the one-stop site so users don't need to seek out other sites to find the domain tool or service they are looking for.... DNF can have everything a domainer needs while also being a great place to chat & get great info!!

I also liked the OLD java based live auctions... people used to bid back then & it was fun.. but people REALLY have to stop putting up all their crap names & nothing else.... people get bored, no-one bids & then the live auctions die once again!

Two things tho.... the auctions HAVE TO WORK & they need more exposure; especially on the day of the auction!

My 2 cents!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tools page will be up today.

Old auctions, we still need to take a look at.

-=DCG=-

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Chat Box at the top of the page does not seem to be working probably, there were four people in there just now yet it still reads as '0 users in chat'.

BTW, great move moving the chat box to the top :)

- Rob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are adding new features to it, it will work properly shortly.

-=DCG=-

uglypeoople.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a listing for TOP WEEKLY DOMAIN SALES.
Alot of people goto dnjournal.com just to see this list of weekly domain sales....they get tons of traffic just because of this list that they post every tuesday night.

What do you guys think???

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uglypeople.com said:
I would like to see a listing for TOP WEEKLY DOMAIN SALES.
Alot of people goto dnjournal.com just to see this list of weekly domain sales....they get tons of traffic just because of this list that they post every tuesday night. What do you guys think???

Uglypeople,

It takes one to two days of full time work to gather the information and prepare
it into a professional format.

Plus, they are archiving it. Plus, consolidating it into an annual list.

The only reason Duke is able to receive this information is because the
people supplying it respect the integrity of Duke. Knowing the information would
not be misused. Nor, selectively altered.

Therefore, someone is giving you valuable, free information and you are complaining
that he might be making some money off of traffic?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Duke's DNJ is well-respected. No need to reinvent the wheel.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
outlaw misleading thread titles and allow flagging of misleading threads.

.com only category.

ALSO...

hack the board so that when you click on SEND PM from a thread, you pass the thread title as the PM title. in nearly every case, the PM would be in reference to the thread. i would find that handy.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Duke's DNJ is well-respected. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Agreed! It would be nice for dnforum to partner with dnjournal is some capacity. I realize this has been attempted in the past, however great minds / vision can get it done.

Adam and Ron can make it happen! I have full confidence.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ClassicNames.com said:
Agreed! It would be nice for dnforum to partner with dnjournal is some capacity.

I see no reason for dnf and dnjournal to establish a relationship further than
they have now.

There is no synergy to be connected.

DNF has a ton of other voids that they could solve for their membership better
than to duplicate sales reports.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
DNF has a ton of other voids that they could solve for their membership better than to duplicate sales reports.
AGREED. I have some ideas, but I'll suggest them later.

~ Nexus

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyLifting said:
hack the board so that when you click on SEND PM from a thread, you pass the thread title as the PM title. in nearly every case, the PM would be in reference to the thread. i would find that handy.

Agreed, this is a verg good suggestion! Almost everytime I PM someone about a sale, I forget the thread title, so I have to go back, copy it, forward, paste it, etc. Just auto-populate with the title of the thread you're PM'ing from, and users can change it if necessary.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There used to be a sub-forum dedicated to new namespace here for the comtrarians. Bring it back :-D

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole,

I am unclear what you are asking for.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom