Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What's a H Tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im optimizing a website... and today for the very first time, I came across H Tag..

What is it? and how do you add it?

Did not found any H1, H2, or H3 tag in the body.

:?:

Domain Summit 2024

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My question is: where did you come across this and what body are your referring to? If they didn't appear in the body, that is.

Tags follow the same pattern <tag>something</tag>. First part opens the tag, second part </> closes the tag.

<h#></h#> are headlines that are like titles to articles, 1 is biggest and decrease in size as per number 2,3,4, each getting smaller. They can be used as main headlines (i.e. h1) and sub-headlines (h2, h3, etc.)

Hope this helps. Regards.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the quick replies. You two rock. I was doing a keyword check and i got this:

Keyword Report
Title:
Phrase in Title
The target keyword exists as phrase in the Title.
Keyword in Title
3 of the 3 words in the target keyword exists in the Title.
Description:
Phrase not in Description
The target keyword don't exists as phrase in the Description.
Keyword in Description
3 of the 3 words in the target keyword exists in the Description.
H:
No H Tag
Did not found any H1, H2, or H3 tag in the body.
Body:
Phrase in Body
The target keyword exists as phrase in the Body content.
Keyword in Body
3 of the 3 words in the target keyword exists in the Body content.
Domain Name:
Phrase not in Domain
The target keyword don't exists as phrase in the Domain name.
Keyword in Domain
1 of the 3 words in the target keyword exists in the Domain name.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should use h tags whenever possible as these are checked by search engines. Keywords in h tags are considered more important than keywords in p (paragraph) tags.

As css takes care of layout, including text, make sure this file defines the h tags and make sure you use them in the body. Good for SEO.

Cheers.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is: where did you come across this and what body are your referring to? If they didn't appear in the body, that is.

Tags follow the same pattern <tag>something</tag>. First part opens the tag, second part </> closes the tag.

<h#></h#> are headlines that are like titles to articles, 1 is biggest and decrease in size as per number 2,3,4, each getting smaller. They can be used as main headlines (i.e. h1) and sub-headlines (h2, h3, etc.)

Hope this helps. Regards.

The link really helped. My SEO is much better now. 15 hours of design and seo payed up well. Optimization Test came back 100% for all fields :eek:k: The next step is backlinks. I need a minimum of 100 backlinks for 5 domains that deal with anger management. Any recomendations?

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buy links. Fast solution, not usually sustainable for long-term.

Community and content, wait for natural links. Takes consistency and effort over the long term. Ever increasing return on investment so long as you sustain consistent updating.

Give something away that creates back links. Flash applications, widgets for blogs/facebook/myspace/etc, scripts, anything a user can plug-and-play with their own website/blog that contains a link back to your website. Considerable investment of time or money, can produce great long-term results.

Don't forget email if you're doing any type of community building. Email is key.

bryanbell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The H tag means heading tag in the HTML. It used to define heading in your HTML document. You can define more than one heading in the document using the h1, h2, h3 tags. The main h1 define the most important heading. And h2 and h3 define the least important heading means subheading.

[FONT=&quot]<[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]1>[/FONT]the main heading[FONT=&quot]</[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]1>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]2>[/FONT]a subheading[FONT=&quot]</[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]2>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]3>[/FONT]another subheading[FONT=&quot]</[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]3>[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom