• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's Better? .US or .BIZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2003
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I found a domain I wanted only available in those two extensions?

Which one would be better and why?

It will be for a business site, but isnt .us more popular and becoming more excepted than .biz?
 
.us for the reason you said. It is becoming more popular and more accepted, although if you're going to be based out of or targeting users from a country other than the US I suggest not using that.

On second thought if you are considering getting one or the other why not just get the .biz AND the .us It would only be an exrtra 5$ for a .us reg at godaddy :-x
 
.us in my opinion is preferred in most cases. It depends on the subject.
 
I personally favor .BIZ for business sites. Then again, I am not in the US. I really think you should consider NickRac's suggestion and get both .US and .BIZ and have them point to 1 site.
 
.us only in America

neither really have a longer .com
 
realistically info or biz in that order.
.us is just like anyother cctld.
 
Originally posted by ctc
.us is just like anyother cctld.

That is plenty good enough for me. CCTLD .de is the second most popular extension in the world, behind only .com. First.de recently sold at Sedo for $40,000. :-D
 
pretty much depend on which one will be more recognized in the future. it's all prediction. get them both!
 
.BIZ
Because .BIZ stand for business.
 
Originally posted by Chief
Which one would be better and why?

It depends on the purpose imho. If you have a site that targets the US market specifically, then .US would be a more meaningful choice from a branding aspect. If your audience is international, then .BIZ would probably be a more appropriate option.

If its a B2B site, .BIZ is definitely more ideal.
 
For me it would depend on the name and how its going to be used but generally, even though I believe the .us cctld has a great future, I would choose .biz. For me it looks better for use as a business site. I had to make that decision recently and in both cases, I went with .biz.
 
Originally posted by NickRac
........It would only be an exrtra 5$ for a .us reg at godaddy :-x

GoDaddy now charge $us8.95 for 1 year of .us
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom