Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Whats going on at NAMEDRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think they would tell us why. I just knew a couple of weeks ago when I tried to contact Ed and got no response from him (which is strange)

Last edited:

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed (Russell) has gone away from ND long time ago.

He has joined the new domain parking at rookmedia.net along with many folks from the old NameDrive

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do we need another domain parking company when the current ones are failing us so badly. I want to see innovation not imitation in the industry.

I feel at times going up to domain parking companies and just slapping them in the face and telling them to "WAKE UP!!!"

I liked ED, shame he has moved on. I wish him well, he had great intentions and ideas when he departed SEDO, he was also TO DATE the best SEDO account manager I ever had.

I have seen the future, and its not parking, its reverse parking. ;-)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So they were alll with Sedo originally, split off to from Namedrive and now are splitting off again to start another venture.

There will be very few left in 3 months.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Starting a Parking program is hard for the uninitiated. Despite all SEDO faults, they remained consistent in that they had their own revenue structure, and a ZERO tolerance on scammers, even potential scammers. This has kept them afloat while all the others are just failing.

The risk associated with parking is just too great to be able to securely offer NET 15 or even NET 30. The claw backs would cripple most and in the end the honest domainer will be paying the price with low revenue. Many of the parking programs have had their own revenue downgraded due to the "bad traffic", of course they wont admit it.

Google are Notorious for it, and now BingHoo are traffic scoring parking programs. There has definitely been a bit of profiteering from many of the programs, and now the hen is finally coming home to roost. Domainers with good niche product related domains should be creating affiliate sites and landing pages. Most PPC these days are from Affiliate Marketers, so the 2c you make from PPC is making them $30 in commission.

I worked for a media company back in 2005, and the amount of Sale People who left to start up Spin-Off companies was about 20 or so over the years. Today there are maybe 3 still in business. The time they realise that a business is not just about one thing its already to late.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

DNFParked.com is available.
DNF aready had a parking program. ParkingSite.com (I know as I sold Adam the Domain) :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Ed has gone his separate way since the end of last year, and will be sorely missed he was an integral part of NameDrive since its inception.
NameDrive has undergone many new and exciting changes. Including the investment by Luxembourg based BIP as most of you will already know.

We have been working on lots of new and upcoming products- including working on re-vamping of the ever popular NDX market (which is still commission free).
Also we have been working on improvements to the parking side of things, which will mean a lot of our clients should see a steady increase in revenue.

Optimization is another of our big goals to further improve- better optimization, better CTR and what we all want more revenue!

If anyone has any questions about where NameDrive is going, has suggestions, feedback or would like any advice to their accounts please let me know, Either by PM or posting here or you can reach me via email at parking@namedrive.com.
Although we have may have got a bit quieter as of late, its only to be making constant improvements to our system.

Craig

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Hi Namestrands

Although NameDrive's management has been replaced it has come entirely from within, Macek Kaiser has taken over the reigns of our growing sales team, inducting the new to our ways, and holding the fort there.
I am taking care of most of our customer service related issues, including this forum now. I myself have been with NameDrive for nearly 4 years and thus will be able to assist with most of your enquiries.
We also have Benji and Jacob taking care of the tech and finance teams respectfully, both have been with us since NameDrive's inception
We do sincerely wish Ed all the best and helping NameDrive to become what it is today.

For anyone that may have missed our press release at the start of this year, here is the link-
http://openpr.com/news/159864/NameD...ith-revised-structure-and-a-new-investor.html

If you have any questions then please do let me know.

Regards

Craig

Has namedrive had a change in management. What happened to ED?

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Calvin Francis has recently joined NameDrive and will be looking after both our English and French markets from the sales and development side.
You will start to see him at shows in the near future.

Never heard of him.. any reason from Eds departure as the front man or is that just one of those things in the domain Industry

Last edited:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot quieter would be an understatement. Kudos on the investment, its the first I have seen of the press release. I assume part of that takeover was to say goodbye to Ed with an NDA and a pat on the back, I am sure he will do well whatever he does.

Interesting to see what this investment will bring especially during these times of dwindling PPC's and domainers bringing real parking solutions to market.

This ever popular NDX market, does it operate under a different moniker as I have see no mention of it on DNjournal Sales for this year?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The investment was already under way prior to Ed's departure. Can't go into detail on that however as I said, we do really wish him and the others that decided to move on all the very best, It's part and parcel of an ever growing ever changing industry.

Regarding our NDX market, a lot of our users (around 85%) like to keep transactions on the quiet, especially when dealing with those more sensitive domains.
with 1000's of visitors per day, easy to use search functions, and being still commision free means that the NDX gets a lot of attention behind closed doors.

What i can say is we have had a few hundred sales so far this year going up to around about the 20,000$ mark, it is unfortunate that we cannot always publicly list those.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has any members here has successful sales through the NDX marketplace? excluding the "more sensitive" cybersquatter and typo names of course.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also my best wishes to Ed. I had less than 10 domains when i got in touch with him during ND beta, and Ed+ND brought me to over 2k domains in one year with very good revenue i would never expect. I moved everything to Sedo years ago but still miss the business developments emails we exchanged, and the adventure with ND.

Vito

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators