Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Whats steps can WE take to help prevent the "Snowe Bill" from being passed? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sign the petition at www.snowebill.com.

They better be careful, she might try to take the domain from you using her own bill. :rolleyes:

This needs to be stopped before it get to the senate floor. There isn't a single senator out there who would openly vote against a bill called . the “Anti-Phishing Consumer Protection Act of 2008”, that would just be bad press for anyone they run aganst.

IMO - senators should blog to explain the bills to people, why something like this should be shot down etc.. because the average voter isn't educated enough to relize that there is a hell of a lot more at stake than phishing.

Last edited:

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me the US is trying to force it's agenda on the rest of the world!?! They would never do such a thing, would they???

:uhoh:

Thats already happening for ages now :lol:.

I think the big domainers, Frank Schilling etc are already lobbying. But what do you guys think does the Bill got any chance? I find it hard to believe that this Bill really could come trough although some huge corporations are behind it.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats already happening for ages now :lol:.

I think the big domainers, Frank Schilling etc are already lobbying. But what do you guys think does the Bill got any chance? I find it hard to believe that this Bill really could come trough although some huge corporations are behind it.

My lame attempt at sarcasm of course...

In all seriousness, I do agree that this bill could damage a lot of us 'little guys' and I applaud the work that has already been done by the likes of focus and draggar, etc...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They better be careful, she might try to take the domain from you using her own bill. :rolleyes:

This needs to be stopped before it get to the senate floor. There isn't a single senator out there who would openly vote against a bill called . the “Anti-Phishing Consumer Protection Act of 2008”, that would just be bad press for anyone they run aganst.

IMO - senators should blog to explain the bills to people, why something like this should be shot down etc.. because the average voter isn't educated enough to relize that there is a hell of a lot more at stake than phishing.

Why do you think they are calling it by this name? :undecided: It's all politics!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think does the Bill got any chance? I find it hard to believe that this Bill really could come trough although some huge corporations are behind it.

Going under the guise of anti-phishing...it would go through easily if voted on....just look at the "Patriot Act"

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We'll start our own damn domain government, wait ICANN already exists! duh.
The problem is there has been an ongoing battle between the US Government and ICANN for ages now...they want control, and you know that big businesses control the Government and it's various law enacting puppets, or do you?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now everyone please sign the petition at justins link : http://www.SnoweBill.com it's a start!

Post this on other forums...email your friends, lawyers, whomever can get involved...remember, everyone knows everyone. Now use your domainer resources!

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I right in assuming that this business will impact Google and Yahoo severely too? Won't their revenues be cut short if there is no parking, or small publishers using Adsense?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i dono.. i think maybe registering snowebill.com and directing this to anti-bill wasn't a good idea- they might come up with idea to use it as a cybersquatting/badfaith example ??

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I right in assuming that this business will impact Google and Yahoo severely too? Won't their revenues be cut short if there is no parking, or small publishers using Adsense?

Throw them on the list. Microsoft will have to watch this very closely, it will hit them on the good end and the bad end.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let us not overlook the strongly worded terms in this "Bill" for tm domain infringement and typos, etc. Is it fair to treat this as a CRIMINAL offense? What about marketing for affiliate sites, etc? There is so much grey area on the web and Internet as to what juridstiction is what and who holds what rights to what name or brand and when in which country...to risk not only your money, but now also possibly your FREEDOM sounds like a nightmare scenario to me...no more parking, no more revenue, it's all going to end if this thing goes through..and some of us may even end up in JAIL and owing possibly MILLIONS of dollars in penalities over frickin' domain names!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe Adam can post a link to this (above) on the homepage of the forum so some of our thousands of members can see it?

Last edited:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ironic that the people leading the charge for domain name abuse are themselves called The Coalition Against Domain Name Abuse.

Maybe they should just shut themselves down.

The problem today is most domainers have the feeling 'it can't / won't happen to me'... which is hogwash.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe Adam can post a link to this (above) on the homepage of the forum so some of our thousands of members can see it?

Don't forget the tens of thousands of non-members ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
confucious say "exacareeee"

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me the US is trying to force it's agenda on the rest of the world!?! They would never do such a thing, would they???

:uhoh:
Hehe... and the Americans still wonder why the whole world has so much resentment against the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom