• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's the best way to throw a site together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

packeted

DNF Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
435
Reaction score
0
I'm looking to quickly develop a few of my sites. I was wondering what the best content management system around these days? Not looking for forum software, more a PHP-nuke/Joomla type thing.. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Francis
 
Joomla/Mambo works well for me, although a custom made site with lots of PHP includes works better IMO.
 
Probably not quite what you're after, but Wordpress (blogger) is dead easy to set up and you can have the installation done and some content up within half an hour. There are quite a few hacks and mods around too. www.wordpress.org
 
Wordpress is easier to work with.
Joomla has more punch, I think.
 
I find wordpress to be the best CMS for my needs.
 
arent all these suggestions for cms?

would it not be easier to use some mini site software to throw a simple site together instead?
or maybe buy a template?
 
as I said, with a few smartly placed PHP includes anything is possible...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom