• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What's the longest TLD extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleyx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Character-wise, what is the longest extension.

So far 7 is the longest I've seen (.com.mx, .org.uk).

Are there any that are longer than that?

Thanks
 
.museum and .travel are the truest longest TLD suffixes, both being 6 letters (plus the dot would make 7). The two suffixes you quote are of course second level extensions.

I do not know if this has answered your question but hope it helps.
 
I was working on a form that needed to take an ext as input, so I wanted to set maxlength properly. I suppose that is the correct answer, thanks! :)
 
For .museum you are ment to be a legitimate museum, but have 3 different packs of playing cards and open your lounge for 30 minutes a year and I guess you could call yourself a 'poker.museum'. (I do not know if this would work and I am not suggesting it to anyone - but who knows with registries!)

For .travel you are supposed to have a legitimate connection with the travel industry.

Sorry these are all the details I know, as to costs, etc. I have never looked into that area.
 
The variety of TLDs and extensions is pretty amazing and I'm always surprised at the variety. Here's the list from our sales database for general interest:

ae
ag
am
at
be
biz
bs
bz
ca
cc
cd
ch
cl
cm
cn
co
co.il
co.in
co.nz
co.uk
co.za
com
com.ar
com.br
com.cn
com.com
com.es
com.mx
com.my
com.tw
com.uy
com.ve
cz
de
de.com
dj
dk
es
et
eu
eu.com
fm
fr
gb.com
gd
gg
gr
gs
hk
hn
hu
in
info
io
it
jp
kr
la
li
lu
lv
ma
md
mobi
ms
name
net
nl
no
nr
nu
org
org.tw
org.uk
pk
pl
pn
pr
pro
rg
ro
ru
sc
se
sg
sh
st
tc
tl
to
tv
tw
ug
uk
uk.com
us
us.com
vc
vg
ws

BTW, I believe com.com is owned by cnet and I'm doubtful they're selling IDN subdomains. I'm thinking this has to be an error. Domain in question is xn--j2bd4cyah0f.com.com at $4,000 in Mar 07 and listed by DnJournal at http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2007/domainsales03-20-07.htm

I'm thinking Ron must have make a typo. Anybody agree?
 
I hear Brittany Spears had some pretty long hair extensions.
 
Well, she had. I forgot she shaved it all off :D
 
BTW, I believe com.com is owned by cnet and I'm doubtful they're selling IDN subdomains. I'm thinking this has to be an error. Domain in question is xn--j2bd4cyah0f.com.com at $4,000 in Mar 07 and listed by DnJournal at http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2007/domainsales03-20-07.htm

I'm thinking Ron must have make a typo. Anybody agree?

Agree!

here is a thread refering to that sale.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9660-हिन्दी-com.html?highlight=hindi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom