Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What's the next Domain rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaadoo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For your information Dot Com. NNN.com is worth more than LLL.com, NNNN.com more than LLLL.com. This is a fact.

NNNNN.com (5 digits) also represent zipcodes. NNNNN.com is already all bought out and min price for any NNNNN.com is at least double reg fee now. NNNNN.com has 100,000 combos only. Iuno how much LLLLL.com has, you can calculated it yourself if you want, probably somewhere around 12 million.

You can keep laughing.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
glad I started this thread - loads of conflicting but interesting opinions (thats domainers for ya lololo)

cheers Kwok ! great to hear from you pal and I agree re 5 l coms ! but id be surpised if more than 30% are taken overall right now ? There's definitely already a market for catchy 5 l coms for sure

Which types of domains are running out right now if any ie countdown wise ?
We all pretty much know which ones have gone (all taken)

I think domain newbie is onto something re lll.co.in - not sure how many are left though - even though I much prefer .in I'd love to know whats left

Last edited:

dnforumdude

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are you gonna do with numbers, "COME VISIT MY WEBSITE AT 2578.COM" ?? (im not saying for domains like 2424.com 2552.com)
- Uh where was it honey you saw the amazing sale at 1355612462546.com?

At least for "most" LLLL.com's you can have some meaning to it.

3 NNN at least it could be memorable

Last edited:

Explorer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing some definite movement on .ES extension TLDs
I mean, the South Americans are getting online a big way, so while the rush for undeveloped stuff is big, I think the URLs with some intrinsic type-in traffic value are definitely going to be the .ES ones.

.ES is Spain's extention. And Spain is not in South America.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you gonna do with numbers, "COME VISIT MY WEBSITE AT 2578.COM" ?? (im not saying for domains like 2424.com 2552.com)

Zip codes are a huge one, even non US zip codes. Too bad many are just parked.

Cell phones and meanings. 2428.com - "CHAT" on a cell phone.

Phone numbers, even numerologists and mythology (big discussion on "good" Chinese numbers).

People though CCC.com domains were the same way but many are being branded and developed into good sites.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dragger said:
Zip codes are a huge one, even non US zip codes. Too bad many are just parked.
that boom is already on, I at least get 2 offers a day on my few NNNNN.coms(zipcodes)

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Good question. I thought the same until last month when I realized that 80% of the NNNNN.com's were already bought out and Chinese domainers were buying these en masse. Luckily I was able to get in before the buyout was complete.

Basically, about 46% of the NNNNN.com's are already developed websites in end-user hands, you can check out my blog for the statistical sampling I have done and for examples of the developed sites. Most of these developed sites are US zip code sites operated by Marchex, then followed by Chinese sites (numbers represent letter-sounds in Chinese and are easier to remember for Chinese internet users than Western letters), and then followed by mobile phone related sites (phone numbers and words spelled on cell-phone keypads). So there are only about 54k that are in the hands of domainers, a much smaller number than the 300k LLLL.com's that are waiting for end-users.

There are 3 NNNNN.com's in the Alexa top 100 Chinese site listings, and lots of other numerics as well. And the Chinese market is growing very, very fast, so demand is expected to continue to rise for numerics as well, I think internet penetration is only around 16% in China right now, up from 10% a year ago.

5-digit numbers are also postal codes in many wealthy countries (Kuwait, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Sweden, etc.) as well as part numbers (10015.com is used by Adequate.org for the ISO 10015 quality assurance standard and 10061.com is used by Timberland because of the popular boot number). Just type any 5-digit number into google shopping and you will get tons of results. Numbers also get good type-in traffic as people search for them a lot, and many of my NNNNN.com's earn several dollars a day in parking revenue.

Any given 5-digit number will have a few hundred thousand (at least) google results, suggesting a myriad of possible development potential. And, yes, some people do simply use NNNNN.com's as a unique website identifier (48073.com is for a contemporary art site).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Care to rephrase or maybe at least consider it a possiblity Dotcom?
What the heck am I rephrasing?

Again, go back and read the original question.

Saying that NNNNN.com is the next rush when it has already happened is like a Wall Street analyst predicting the DOW will top 10,000 for the first time ever.

There is a serious difference between reading and reading comprehension.

A phone number is 7 digits, with area code 10 digits. But we have several memorized.

I would stay with perhaps 7 or less, the fewer the better. 3 is area code, 5 zip code length.

But numbers have one thing that letters or characters do not have...universal meaning. The same number has the same intrinsic value no matter where you are. So number can and do say a great deal in many different cultures.

In China, number 8 is good luck, number 4 is bad as it sounds too much like the chinese word for "death". The Summer Olympics in Beijing will officially commence at 08:08:08 on 08/08/08.

In the US, lucky "7" is good, 8 not so good when you are playing billiards and scratch, and of course 666 has it's own meaning.

So numbers can represent a date, a zip, a phone, and any number of things. Check out t9.com and see what words you can make out of a string of numbers. And with the saturation or over-saturation of the .com market, numbers represent a great alternative as a generic domain.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the market still has to absorb all the buyouts of the last six month.

Can't really see a buyout anytime soon for NNNNNN.com and LLLLL.com

LLLL.net and .org can get pretty meaningless with the wrong letters, I'd be picky about getting letters that make sense for those extensions.

I would focus on short country code domains where you live if you can still get NNN or LLL domains. Or even L-L and N-N. The bigger the country population the better.

But I can't imagine anymore buyout fever that gets a domain forum going like we've had with LLLL.com, NNNNN.com, LLL.in and so on.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But numbers have one thing that letters or characters do not have...universal meaning. The same number has the same intrinsic value no matter where you are. So number can and do say a great deal in many different cultures.

True, you mentioned 666's association in western culture, but in China 666 means "things going smoothly" according to Wikipedia.

sunroof

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These three:

NNNNN.com - I bought about 100 of these recently, and was suprised to see how much traffic some of them have, primarily from China. The post by rbkdomain above explains why, and I'm glad I got 'em.

LLLL.net - As LLLL.com get more expensive, users looking for acronyms will turn to these as the next best alternative.

CVCVC.com - Pronouncable 5 letter .com's that sound good, don't mean anything and aren't offensive in most languages will be good too. Very brandable and easy to trademark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators