Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

When you sell a domain name

The Domain Name sold for-

• Under $20.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between $21.00 and $50.00

• Between $51.00 and $100.00

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Between $101.00 and $250.00

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Between $251.00 and $500.00

• Between $501.00 and $750.00

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Between $751.00 and $1000.00

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Between $1001.00 and $1500.00

• Between $1501.00 and $2500.00

• Over $2501.00

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luckyphil

When you sell a domain name or "KNOW" of one that has been recently sold why not list it in the poll.

Hopefully the same name won't get voted for twice. If you know the owner will not mind that the name being displayed, (it is free advertising) you could always list the name, but not show a price with it.

Phil

Mods: There is only 10 poll options, why not add some more to break the statistics down a bit more.

One reason against listing domain names sold is that in the past domain buyers have been bombarded with solicitations from other domain sellers who referenced the domain they bought and the price they paid.

L

luckyphil

One reason against listing domain names sold is that in the past domain buyers have been bombarded with solicitations from other domain sellers who referenced the domain they bought and the price they paid.

It's funny, I would never of thought of doing that and I would of thought it was pointless anyway as "all" domains that are in use are sold at some stage anyway, which provides a pretty large target market to do what you are suggesting happens and why would someone presume that because someone has purchased one name, they would buy more. But, then again I'm pretty innocent I suppose.

If someone wants to spam people that have purchased a domain name they only have to go to a domain reseller site to see whats listed as recently sold.

Also, there would be no correlation between the domain name and the price it was sold for as one is a vote and the other is just a name that is displayed.

Also, as stated in the initial post
If you know the owner will not mind

Regards

Phil

Originally posted by luckyphil
If someone wants to spam people that have purchased a domain name they only have to go to a domain reseller site to see whats listed as recently sold.

Hi Phil,

Domain reseller sites tend to have domains purchased by resellers who don't mind being contacted by other sellers as they are aware their transactions are in the public domain.

End users, on the other hand, don't always like having their acquisitions known by third parties.

I just wanted to let people know about this potential problem as it can burn bridges with repeat sales to the same party.

As you say, listing the domain name in the thread without the price (once there are a few entries in the poll) would eliminate the price element being linked to the domain element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom